What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

b1e20618e4b02fbd461e359140940f99.jpg5f61ad1b8ff472372f46cebf018c54f1.jpge41ca7a90e7d19d4e0e382891a3ad408.jpg

I bought this for my mom at Aldi ' s for $20.99. I have to say I am impressed. The led is bright and the drill feels like it has good power. 1.5 ah battery and a 1 hr charge time will work fine for her.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Thanks for showing us that on the periscope Jimbo! Glad I had a spare moment to check in and see what it was about, I admit there's some nice features on that drill, but I have my Milwaukee to last me for the foreseeable future.....@Dano123 never knew aldi has things like that, they have a hardware section now?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks for showing us that on the periscope Jimbo! Glad I had a spare moment to check in and see what it was about, I admit there's some nice features on that drill, but I have my Milwaukee to last me for the foreseeable future.....@Dano123 never knew aldi has things like that, they have a hardware section now?

Still got that awesome gen 2 drill... That's not going anywhere

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here man

Now you gonna do a tool fight of sorts between the two?

I could do a comparison video, the 2704 will still take down the 791 being the dewalt is a smaller class than the Milwaukee, the dewalt is a compact drill, the 996 coming out is on the same playing field as the 2704.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

They get random things in. I have bought a chisel set and hand saws there before that were decent for the money.

• Like 1

They get random things in. I have bought a chisel set and hand saws there before that were decent for the money.

They really do get some random things in. A guy I work with bought a set of golf clubs there. Kind of random for a grocery store.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 99_XC600 said:

I bought this yesterday. I think I spent about 15 minutes in the aisle looking at all of the offerings before I decided on this one. I really like the autolock feature.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-FatMax-25-ft-Auto-Lock-Tape-Measure-FMHT33338L/204624581?keyword=autolock+stanley

Ut oh, that's not a Lufkin tape measure, we might be getting a visit from the 50% off coupon fairy soon.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dano123 said:

b1e20618e4b02fbd461e359140940f99.jpg5f61ad1b8ff472372f46cebf018c54f1.jpge41ca7a90e7d19d4e0e382891a3ad408.jpg

I bought this for my mom at Aldi ' s for $20.99. I have to say I am impressed. The led is bright and the drill feels like it has good power. 1.5 ah battery and a 1 hr charge time will work fine for her.

Aldi sells tools? 

I bought this yesterday. I think I spent about 15 minutes in the aisle looking at all of the offerings before I decided on this one. I really like the autolock feature.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-FatMax-25-ft-Auto-Lock-Tape-Measure-FMHT33338L/204624581?keyword=autolock+stanley

I like the Fat Max tapes, those things are great. That's all I used to use before I picked up several Milwaukees and the FastCap. Now I just put them all in the rotation.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1