What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Please let us know how you like those retaining ring pliers, looks like they're the same as the Craftsman...I wonder who's making them for the two companies. In the package, they feel really nice which is unlike any of those spring internal/external pliers I've used previously.

Please let us know how you like those retaining ring pliers, looks like they're the same as the Craftsman...I wonder who's making them for the two companies. In the package, they feel really nice which is unlike any of those spring internal/external pliers I've used previously.

I picked up a pair of the same pliers the other day. Like all other blue handled Channel locks, they are made in the USA but I don't know if someone else makes them for both craftsman and channel lock or if CL makes them for craftsman. It's there a way to tell?

As far as how they work, I'm a complete nub, but they did a great job with everything that I've thrown at them. Very solid with no slipping. The internal/external switch is quite nice as well.

• Like 1

The paddle trigger has its advantages the bigger point for me is the it oscillates pretty wide. It's definitely something il get used to but that's just the thing. Getting used to it

Just a matter of preference, with grinders I prefer the paddle over the slide, but I still keep a slide just in case!

6 hours ago, kruton said:

Didn't buy them today, but they did show up. Another set of Wera's. Gotta love that new screwdriver smell!

ca0c4848655f1f5c52e36e223040ae29.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Those looks awesome. I plan on getting these soon myself 

1 hour ago, khariV said:

I picked up a pair of the same pliers the other day. Like all other blue handled Channel locks, they are made in the USA but I don't know if someone else makes them for both craftsman and channel lock or if CL makes them for craftsman. It's there a way to tell?

As far as how they work, I'm a complete nub, but they did a great job with everything that I've thrown at them. Very solid with no slipping. The internal/external switch is quite nice as well.

I'll try to do some research but I don't recall hearing that Channellock rebrands their tools for anyone. Channellock does have other items that they have their name on but don't make, like their adjustable wrenches which are made in Spain by Irega...best adjustable wrench I've ever used by a mile.

Ok, I did some research. The Channellock and Craftsman are confirmed to be the same and they're made by Wilde. The Wilde part number is 1434-CC

I have some Wilde tools, including their QTR-turn snap ring pliers...and I absolutely love every one of their tools. Think I'm going to buy a pair, I'm thinking Wilde or Craftsman branded for the red handle color. Damn it Jimbo, why is it when you get new tools I end up buying something?

• Like 2

Ok, I did some research. The Channellock and Craftsman are confirmed to be the same and they're made by Wilde. The Wilde part number is 1434-CC

I have some Wilde tools, including their QTR-turn snap ring pliers...and I absolutely love every one of their tools. Think I'm going to buy a pair, I'm thinking Wilde or Craftsman branded for the red handle color. Damn it Jimbo, why is it when you get new tools I end up buying something?

Depending what prices you find if you sacrifice for the channellocks blue they were 19.99 on Amazon.

Still getting you back from all the knipex!

• Like 1

On 3/25/2016 at 8:32 PM, BMack37 said:

Me neither on the penny deals :(

...but I did find something nice at a pawn shop, $20:

nT9wJQn.jpg

wow, nice pickup,i do most of the work on my vehicles and been laying on concrete for so long that i would probably fall asleep with one of these 

• Like 2

Sorry no pic ....

I bought a hammer... Sounds crazy but I haven't had a really nice hammer in years.

i bought a 20 oz. estwing. I am not a carpenter , so this is general purpose & I really like the grip 

• Like 6

Sorry no pic ....

I bought a hammer... Sounds crazy but I haven't had a really nice hammer in years.

i bought a 20 oz. estwing. I am not a carpenter , so this is general purpose & I really like the grip 

No tool or tool related purchase goes unappreciated! Something as simple as cutting oil has been posted on here, fear not for thou hammer is great! Big fan of estwkngs!

• Like 1

Sorry no pic ....

Estwing makes a good hammer. I've got several different sizes and use them a lot. They make some nice camping axes as well. Nice score.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1