What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I too have been looking at that sander, I need a belt sander and will probably get the Ridgid as well for all I use it for.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I was in the same boat. For what I need this is perfect. I really don't have much need for the big units. I used it a little tonight. The dust collection wasn't as good as I had expected, but then again I didn't expect the 90% dust collection that I have heard was claimed. I also was just using the bag. I'll try it with the vac hooked up tomorrow if I get a chance. It did a really nice job sanding though. I would definitely buy it again just after the little I have used it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've kind of been quiet in the new tools are a however I have three new toys. One, is en route, a Lie Nielsen low angle jack rabbet plane. The other two, a kit for a Moxon vise and 

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=69788&cat=1,41182

came in today. I'll post some pics as I'm taking off for Florida in a couple of days and this week has been hectic but the cabinet I am building is going to be getting some up close and personal "me" time with these new tools.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kruton said:

Nothing too exciting. Just some new tools for the bathroom remodel. I think a third of my budget for this renovation was for tools! 8c01f5e21545cafe3f1b135248e3df0e.jpg78eef62ba96a5bbfb5f2f054c539371c.jpg

Love that clip for your Blsch. I really would like something like that for mine! Also, that looks like a bitchin' belt sander!

I've kind of been quiet in the new tools are a however I have three new toys. One, is en route, a Lie Nielsen low angle jack rabbet plane. The other two, a kit for a Moxon vise and 

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=69788&cat=1,41182

came in today. I'll post some pics as I'm taking off for Florida in a couple of days and this week has been hectic but the cabinet I am building is going to be getting some up close and personal "me" time with these new tools.

That's not your first Lie Nielsen is it?

Nope Kruton, currently have the Lie Nielsen low angle block plane and the bronze beading tool. I posted some pics on my Woodshop blog of some hand made beading I made for my wife and her tack trunk that I'm building. I'll have three Lie Nielsen's! Plus two Veritas now, the other being the bullnose plane. I'm enjoying the hand tool end of things but I'm a total novice so I'm learning a lot but each of these planes has a very specific use for me.

• Like 4

Nope Kruton, currently have the Lie Nielsen low angle block plane and the bronze beading tool. I posted some pics on my Woodshop blog of some hand made beading I made for my wife and her tack trunk that I'm building. I'll have three Lie Nielsen's! Plus two Veritas now, the other being the bullnose plane. I'm enjoying the hand tool end of things but I'm a total novice so I'm learning a lot but each of these planes has a very specific use for me.

Ok, I thought I remembered watching the video you did on the beading tool. Nice stuff man!

2 hours ago, jswoger1986 said:

3f7841a8d89e2f5afc9912ee45508322.jpg02473f6624985d58a8fa93e12f0828b8.jpg587909dfe3293aae344531eee651ae02.jpg they let me walk around alone at Home Depot so. Random tools got purchased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same Klein voltage detector, never go near an electrical project without that in my pocket ... LOVE IT !!!

you shop like I do !!! 

• Like 1

Bought the new ONE-KEY kit from Home Depot and opted for the Fuel circular saw as my free tool.

There is definitely a learning curve for setting things up.  In fact it will likely take me several jobs/projects before I figure out if I want to increase speed or torque with the impact beyond what I've done already. The drill has a ton of customization available. Not only do you get the usual 3 modes for the hammer/drill/drive but 4 ONE-KEY modes that you can use to customize with both high and low speed. So if you have a certain size hole saw or self feed drill bit, you can customize a one key selection for that individual bit. The sad part is that a custom setting done on the tool from my phone and saved, does not get saved into the cloud where other info does, like photos and S/N. This means when I log in from my tablet, I need to save and name the profiles all over again.

• Like 2