What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Got a makita bit set yesterday, never had a complete set like this in its own case. Plastic trays seem cheap and flimsy, but I imagine I'll swap it out for something else.

517854d3cf3686e03714116139e18015.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Knarlycarl, I have been eyeing that kit. Do you think it was worth the purchase now?

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good looking kit, is there more underneath?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is another tray underneath the top one for more storage, both of which aren't exactly heavy duty plastic trays, but they will be just fine kept inside the case

Knarlycarl, I have been eyeing that kit. Do you think it was worth the purchase now?

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a toss up, I saw it on sale, and I admit it was part impulse buy, part needing a nice case with which to house these and other bits I already have, instead of five separate cases and bits thrown wherever I last used them. I like it, but I didn't spend much time looking elsewhere for it cheaper.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dano123 said:

236fea6c9f32686f85acde90689ac267.jpg

Menard's $4.99 ea for the boxes and $14.39 for the glue. The boxes are nice for the money.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

nice deal....I want to go shopping now...lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dano123 said:

I was shocked how big those boxes are plus they have a tray.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes I think they are the ones Jimbo looked at this past week!  He said they felt cheap? But looked ok to me. Would have made great range boxes. 

Yes I think they are the ones Jimbo looked at this past week!  He said they felt cheap? But looked ok to me. Would have made great range boxes. 

These are the ones I saw, they seem flimsy to me IMO, not saying they can't be used

Jimbo

Today I bought Ridgid 3 Pc combo , Cordless Sander , Portable Radio , LED Snake light. Great little kit for $100

My co worker just got that combo like a month ago. The snake light is sweet and the radio is simple but I've been around it for a few years. Simple and perfect for a single person radio

35 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

You gotta get the 12", raptors are next on my list

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was planning on it but I think the 10" will cover all my needs, I really wanted them to deal with my pool pump. I'm undecided at my next purchase, I have some points at Sears that I need to spend today and plan on draining the point pool. $22 off the top is going to be a nice deal no matter what pair I buy...just too bad that damn Wera chiseldriver set went back up in price, so Knipex it is.

Pretty good price on the 10" diagonal pliers: http://www.sears.com/knipex-10-in-pliers-diagonal-cutter/p-00929111000P?unitNo=0001255&sellerId=SEARS&prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

36 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

I was planning on it but I think the 10" will cover all my needs, I really wanted them to deal with my pool pump. I'm undecided at my next purchase, I have some points at Sears that I need to spend today and plan on draining the point pool. $22 off the top is going to be a nice deal no matter what pair I buy...just too bad that damn Wera chiseldriver set went back up in price, so Knipex it is.

Pretty good price on the 10" diagonal pliers: http://www.sears.com/knipex-10-in-pliers-diagonal-cutter/p-00929111000P?unitNo=0001255&sellerId=SEARS&prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

No not bad at all, too bad I ordered them cable shears

6 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

No not bad at all, too bad I ordered them cable shears

You'll like those, they cut through any kind of wire like it's a hot knife through room temperature butter. Those are a finger guillotine...hmm, that has me thinking; it would make a pretty badass cigar cutter :D

• Like 3