What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

all those tools fit with with no problem, i dont have to remove one to get at another, with all those tools box weighs 31 lbs. i have a bunch of tough cases, but this box was well thought out. the pockets in the corner are awesome. everthing stays secure, dont need foam or old socks to keep things tight. one box=one system

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Pretty sweet deal!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i thought so, got[ 2] 2amp batt, one 4amp batt, charger, case, of course tool, i dont use case, dont like those blow molded cases, too much wasted space, in that milwaukee case are: fuel hacksaw, fuel cir saw, fuel 1/2 inch hammer drill, fuel impact driver, fuel 1/4 inch scredriver, one lantern light, 2 stick lights, one flashlight, 2 3amp batt, 2 4amp batteries, and 4 two amp batteries, various 2 inch, handful drillbits, various hacksaw blades, whole thing weighs 31 lbs.less than two bowling balls lol  love the 2 amp batt for sticklight and flashlight, i can put in pocket when not in use, milwaukee did great by keeping part of batt in handle. new handle design gives my 20v dewalts a run for their money. that hourglass shape of the m12 is very comfortable to me,

• Like 1

i thought so, got[ 2] 2amp batt, one 4amp batt, charger, case, of course tool, i dont use case, dont like those blow molded cases, too much wasted space, in that milwaukee case are: fuel hacksaw, fuel cir saw, fuel 1/2 inch hammer drill, fuel impact driver, fuel 1/4 inch scredriver, one lantern light, 2 stick lights, one flashlight, 2 3amp batt, 2 4amp batteries, and 4 two amp batteries, various 2 inch, handful drillbits, various hacksaw blades, whole thing weighs 31 lbs.less than two bowling balls lol  love the 2 amp batt for sticklight and flashlight, i can put in pocket when not in use, milwaukee did great by keeping part of batt in handle. new handle design gives my 20v dewalts a run for their money. that hourglass shape of the m12 is very comfortable to me,

9/10 times them blow mold cases become a projectile until I throw them in the recycling, the only one I have is for my router.

Jimbo

I cut them out and put things like all my sanding discs in one or other things they do come in handy for some stuff but never the tool theat was intended....

• Like 3

Can never have too many storage boxes!

I got a few things delivered yesterday:

58d90da21955655a1dcc2efd3af0cc46.jpg

Two ryobi led lights (debated on the Milwaukee but this was cheaper by half)

Got the M12 polisher, I will be using it mainly for the roloc wheels

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Can never have too many storage boxes!

I got a few things delivered yesterday:

58d90da21955655a1dcc2efd3af0cc46.jpg

Two ryobi led lights (debated on the Milwaukee but this was cheaper by half)

Got the M12 polisher, I will be using it mainly for the roloc wheels

Ooohhh. I've been coveting both of those. I'm a sucker for lights. In actually want the buffer to scrub my shower and tub. Right now, I use a drill brush and it works well, but it heats up the drill something fierce and there's no lock on.

I like those ryobi lights, i might pick 1 or two off, in the past month I've had 3 halogens die on me and I'm done with them, guess its time for jimbo to get with the times! Just easy to shell 10 bucks out for a garbage light but i know over time the LEDs will save me $$$$

• Like 1

I'm a sucker for lights too, and the halogen I've been dealing with just wasting my time because the cheapo frame broke and it won't stay in position, flops all over the place. Plus I hate the heat it generates while working close to it in a crawlspace. It can sting you pretty good!

Also, there's no lock-on for the polisher

That does stink. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that it had a lock on button. Oh well, I'll probably get one anyway at some point.

Just get a bag of red rubber bands!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today met with one of my friends, we ended up talking tools and he asked if I went to this pawn shop that has a ton of tools. I haven't heard of such a place so we stopped after lunch. Saw a bunch of stuff that was overpriced for condition but noticed a metal cased drill bit set that looked new, they looked like Chicago Latrobe but they ended up being (Made in the USA) CLE-line black oxide. New, still with sale tags, coated in oil, no shavings/rust, all bits present. Ended up paying $45, same set sells online from $90-$130. Using a stock pic because I ended up leaving them in my car, stock pic shows an item in worse shape than I have.

71yeur8LykL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, khariV said:

That does stink. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that it had a lock on button. Oh well, I'll probably get one anyway at some point.

Didn't even think of this to be honest. I was thinking of my air die grinder and when I use roloc wheels on that, it doesn't have a lock on feature. But I suppose the polisher function would be different, that would be a nice feature. I have used zip ties before actually on spline shaft demo hammers.

Also, what do you use on your tub and shower as a cleaner/polisher?

3 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Sweet score Bmack

Jimbo

I thought so! It's really timely because I've been kicking myself for not picking up the Chicago Latrobe bits from Amazon Warehouse. Most of my bits are either Chinese or smaller USA sets, so I wanted a more complete set. Now I just need a 135 degree set and I'm good! Now I just need to pick up a Milwaukee bag so I can copy your drill bit storage solution.

• Like 1

I thought so! It's really timely because I've been kicking myself for not picking up the Chicago Latrobe bits from Amazon Warehouse. Most of my bits are either Chinese or smaller USA sets, so I wanted a more complete set. Now I just need a 135 degree set and I'm good! Now I just need to pick up a Milwaukee bag so I can copy your drill bit storage solution.

Yea I wish I would have grabbed them bits too, I got my bag on Amazon for around 10 bucks but beware you fill it up quick.

Jimbo

21 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yea I wish I would have grabbed them bits too, I got my bag on Amazon for around 10 bucks but beware you fill it up quick.

Jimbo

That's a pretty good price, I paid more for both of the bags I bought last week. Those were bought for tools, the idea there is to put the tools in a bag with all the accessories I can stuff in the bag. M18 jigsaw fit in the bag you have(Which I already have) and easily fits a case for bits. Also bought the 13X8X6 bag for the rotary tool. Drill bits in a single bag like yours makes more sense than than putting a drill in the bag and driver/drill bits in the bag, it's just used too often and you need soo many different bits. Bought the large contractor bag also, not sure if I'm going to use it as my car tool bag or use it for my reciprocating saw and blades.

Semi-related note, I need more money.

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I like the 16 and 23 so much I decided while you can still get them at menards to pick up the 15 angled

Jimbo

I havent got to use mine yet. the nearest 23 pin nailer is 45 miles away. :(

4 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Today met with one of my friends, we ended up talking tools and he asked if I went to this pawn shop that has a ton of tools. I haven't heard of such a place so we stopped after lunch. Saw a bunch of stuff that was overpriced for condition but noticed a metal cased drill bit set that looked new, they looked like Chicago Latrobe but they ended up being (Made in the USA) CLE-line black oxide. New, still with sale tags, coated in oil, no shavings/rust, all bits present. Ended up paying $45, same set sells online from $90-$130. Using a stock pic because I ended up leaving them in my car, stock pic shows an item in worse shape than I have.

71yeur8LykL._SL1500_.jpg

Great pick up dude!

• Like 1