What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I got a Makita DTD154Z with 6amp battery to replace my BTD144 which has died.

I am very happy with tool, has good torque and as yet have not needed to recharge battery, but have not really done a hard day with it yet. 

21 hours ago, dmz2084 said:

Its normal, the red light just means the battery is less than 80% charged.

I used a DC18RA charger with new 6amp battery,

Red light stayed over the 80% mark

I just waited for green light and all was good

2 minutes ago, ikepete said:

Shopping at sears with a gift card and great deals on mechanics tool sets. Not sure what to buy

Buy clothes and shoes for your wife, and take her clothing and shoes budget to the tool department at Lowe's, Home Depot, or some other such place that's likely to be in business a year from now to honor their warranty.

Buy clothes and shoes for your wife, and take her clothing and shoes budget to the tool department at Lowe's, Home Depot, or some other such place that's likely to be in business a year from now to honor their warranty.

lol wife's pregnant. Now is not a good time for clothes lol. I'm not worried about the warranty. It is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

0b3541dcee63b45b69cc560502134d18.jpg903ff19a26ce8369cdff2e77dececef6.jpg

This is what I ended up with from sears today. I have a smaller set in my car that I use often. I may switch this one with the one in my car. It will be nice to have one in my car and in the apartment.

Total spent after the gift card was $38

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ikepete said:

lol wife's pregnant. Now is not a good time for clothes lol. I'm not worried about the warranty. It is what it is.

You'd score major points if you said, "Honey, let's use my gift card on baby clothes." :)  Just sayin'.  

And congrats, man. :)

1 minute ago, ikepete said:

This is what I ended up with from sears today. I have a smaller set in my car that I use often. I may switch this one with the one in my car. It will be nice to have one in my car and in the apartment.

Total spent after the gift card was $38.

I was too late! :)  Nice set of tools tho.  I have USA Craftsman hand tools from lo these many moons ago, and they've always treated me well.  That's why I'm so sensitive to the Sears warranty issue.  But I hope they do well for you.

You'd score major points if you said, "Honey, let's use my gift card on baby clothes." [emoji4]  Just sayin'.  

And congrats, man. [emoji4]

Lol we aren't due until June and don't know the sex yet. She let me get what wanted. She got to get the stuff to repaint a dresser so I got tools

Plus the baby will need tools at some point. Just investing in his or her future

As part of my upcoming project to convert my third garage bay into a proper workshop, I'm retiring my space-hogging wooden sawhorses and replacing them with folding ones.  I wind up never using the wooden ones because they're tucked into a corner with a bunch of other bulky stuff and it's too much trouble to haul them out.  I figure I can hang the folding ones on the wall instead.  

I'm starting modestly with them, with a pair of USA-made "Blue Hawk" from Lowe's:

840538103077.jpg

Cheap and light, I'll see if they're any good.  But they already came in handy on the way home from the store:

IMG_20170102_125126.jpg

• Like 4

I was too late! [emoji4]  Nice set of tools tho.  I have USA Craftsman hand tools from lo these many moons ago, and they've always treated me well.  That's why I'm so sensitive to the Sears warranty issue.  But I hope they do well for you.

I know what you mean about the warranty issue. These should do will for what I do

6 hours ago, tcoscarelli said:

9af8fcdd045f62208111f38cd8202341.jpg

I just picked up a Dremel from Lowes. This is my first Dremel I have owned. I have always just used a die grinder.

You'll will love it I have the same model mines about 3 years old have used the hell out of it :) a couple times the collet nut has gotten stuck on mine. If u have any questions about it just pm me I would be happy to help ?

13 minutes ago, dwasifar said:

As part of my upcoming project to convert my third garage bay into a proper workshop, I'm retiring my space-hogging wooden sawhorses and replacing them with folding ones.  I wind up never using the wooden ones because they're tucked into a corner with a bunch of other bulky stuff and it's too much trouble to haul them out.  I figure I can hang the folding ones on the wall instead.  

I'm starting modestly with them, with a pair of USA-made "Blue Hawk" from Lowe's:

840538103077.jpg

Cheap and light, I'll see if they're any good.  But they already came in handy on the way home from the store:

IMG_20170102_125126.jpg

Get a Centipede and you will never use a normal sawhorse again.

• Like 1

You'll will love it I have the same model mines about 3 years old have used the hell out of it [emoji4] a couple times the collet nut has gotten stuck on mine. If u have any questions about it just pm me I would be happy to help [emoji41]

Thanks for the offer. If I run into trouble I will look you up. Good to here yours is 3 years old and still going strong.

• Like 1

I spent the remainder of my lunch money on this. I couldn't pass it up for $40 on clearance at Lowe's. I'm officially in double or single digit numbers in my bank account untill Thursday after this l. Good thing I got a bunch of jerky for Christmas ?.

IMG_20170102_163824.jpg

Drill, radio, lboxx and two batteries. I couldn't buy any one of those for $40.

• Like 5

I spent the remainder of my lunch money on this. I couldn't pass it up for $40 on clearance at Lowe's. I'm officially in double or single digit numbers in my bank account untill Thursday after this l. Good thing I got a bunch of jerky for Christmas [emoji16].

IMG_20170102_163824.jpg

I can never find deals like this. Nice score.

18 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

I spent the remainder of my lunch money on this. I couldn't pass it up for $40 on clearance at Lowe's. I'm officially in double or single digit numbers in my bank account untill Thursday after this l. Good thing I got a bunch of jerky for Christmas ?.

IMG_20170102_163824.jpg

WOW! That's a heck of a score right there.

I've been wanting to do more woodworking lately and the Rotozip leaves a lot to be desired. I also have had a terrible weekend and needed a distraction so I went to a couple pawn shops.

Found myself an old Craftsman commercial router for $12:

0m2kp9q.jpg

gp0OTeD.jpg

Turned the corner and found a Craftsman router table and B&D router $45:

IzDEQcO.jpg

C5uTj4A.jpg

• Like 4