What are you listening to? AKA The Music thread.

PutnamEco

I'm always interested to hear new music. I find it helps some of those long boring days to go by much quicker.

I have really wide ranging tastes, some of what I'm listening to these days.

Something mellow

I always enjoy a little AntiFolk music

Sorry, but you have posted more media files than you are allowed to

To be continued below....

Couple more you may enjoy.

Old Crow Medicine Shows song Wagon Wheel has just about become an country anthem in many areas.

Daniel Johnston is an acquired taste, he has influenced many musicians, here is his song True Love.

http://youtu.be/xNXTh4A4uS0

They did a documentary on his life called the Devil and Daniel Johnston, you could find it on YouTube.

Man, I'm getting old, I remember when it was just rock. I saw the original Lynyrd Skynyrd in concert. 1976 was a good year for concerts in Madison Square Garden. Got to see Ted Nugent and The Who as well. Good Times....

I've always enjoyed the Outlaws, perhaps a little more than Skynyrd.

I have always been a fan of the father of country/southern rock as well, Gram Parsons

Maybe American bands sound British? lol. But seriously, look at many off the famous British bands. They don't sing the words in the same accent that they speak them. Sometimes you can tell, but a lot of times you'd never tell it just by listening to them.

• 1 year later...

I thought i would start this backup, as my headphones and cell phone are almost as important as my mower and string trimmer when i do lawns haha, music gets us through the day, and is almost like a tool in a way. What are you guys listening to??

Oh and heres my feeling on rap/ hip hop: its studio mangled shit, the "artists" have no talent, and have no class, but get crazy amounts of media attention, and crazyyyy amounts of money!!!!!! Well thats my feeling, and i stand behind that 100%, Im waiting on my farm club stciker for the truck(farmers against rap music. 

But anyways, i listen to southern rock and country, I cant stand the "new" country, almost getting into the rap/hiphop range.... My favorite band are Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman brothers... Country: Alan jackson is the man!!!!Love his new songhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe0CZxfS-fw also a big fan of craig morgan.

What are you guys listening to?

The new country music is pretty bad I never been a fan of country music in general, but this video is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WySgNm8qH-I

I will say they do get some hot ass girls in their music videos though.

For me the go to is Alternative Rock, Rock, I also can get in the mode to listen to some 80's music like Depeche mode, Also I will listen to some Beastie Boys or some old school snoop dog it's not much but if it comes on I'm ok with it. I go all over the place the only thing I'm not into is really heavy metal, country music, and most rap I have to say I'm not a huge southern rock fan either.

The new country music is pretty bad I never been a fan of country music in general, but this video is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WySgNm8qH-I

I will say they do get some hot ass girls in their music videos though.

For me the go to is Alternative Rock, Rock, I also can get in the mode to listen to some 80's music like Depeche mode, Also I will listen to some Beastie Boys or some old school snoop dog it's not much but if it comes on I'm ok with it. I go all over the place the only thing I'm not into is really heavy metal, country music, and most rap I have to say I'm not a huge southern rock fan either.

I do like some some kiss, poison etc. 3 doors down is not bad either