Which 18V line to get

thebookkid

Ok I am thinking mainly Milwaukee, I may very well pick up this deal, I will get the circular saw when I sell some of the craftsman tools, although they may not be bad to keep for future eagle projects, you always need drills.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Combo-Kit-with-M12-Bluetooth-Speaker-and-Battery-3-Tool-2697-22CTB/206469013

Ok I am thinking mainly Milwaukee, I may very well pick up this deal, I will get the circular saw when I sell some of the craftsman tools, although they may not be bad to keep for future eagle projects, you always need drills.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Combo-Kit-with-M12-Bluetooth-Speaker-and-Battery-3-Tool-2697-22CTB/206469013

they are a fantastic compact kit, such good value.

That's definitely a nice set, cant go wrong there, but when/if you get it and like it, the fuel version is that much more amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I think if the OP wants hammer function (which he indicated), then the full size FUEL drill is a better choice for sure. The basic impact driver on the other hand is not that far behind the FUEL. Also, if the OP wants a circ saw, he'll want larger batteries too. 

So for around the house use, the linked kit is amazing value. For the tougher applications (hammer drilling, circ saw, grinder etc), FUEL with bigger batteries make more sense.

• Like 1

I agree with a few that mentioned Milwaukee due to the circular saw.  For the drill and driver, I have used most of the main brands(Milwaukee, Dewalt, Bosch, Makita, ridgid, porter cable) and can honestly say the differences aren't  great.  So go with what you can get for cheaper.  However, if you are going to use the circular the most and the saw is the deal maker.  Then you have to go with the Milwaukee Fuel, I don't think it's close when it comes to the saw.

HD still has a deal going on for a $150 off promo for certain combo kits with the purchase of another power/bare tool. Online price was different from in store price. Online the makita kit is $399, it was marked down to $279. I purchased a $30 ryobi screwdriver (cheapest power tool i could find but will most likely take it back or exchange it) for $179 out the door. It is their top of the line hammer kit with 5amp our batteries. A quote from another post of mine.

I picked this makita kit up today along with a ryobi $20 power screwdriver for $170 out the door! The kit was clearance to $279 and the ryobi triggered the $150 promo. The kit is normally $399.

Screenshot_2016-01-21-22-58-30_zpsqve6ro

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I just replaced some of my older makita tools I went brushless. Makita a new 5.0ah impact gun and hammer drill. And they have been amazing so far I can't say much since I'm in the process of trying to buy a boat load of tools for my new job but I had a makita impact gun a drill that each lasted me about 6 years of almost daily (work week) use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

HD still has a deal going on for a $150 off promo for certain combo kits with the purchase of another power/bare tool. Online price was different from in store price. Online the makita kit is $399, it was marked down to $279. I purchased a $30 ryobi screwdriver (cheapest power tool i could find but will most likely take it back or exchange it) for $179 out the door. It is their top of the line hammer kit with 5amp our batteries. A quote from another post of mine.

This is exactly what I got. Although not as good of a deal. But I love it so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makita has the largest 18v line but Millwaukee has the best performance and DeWalt is just a good mix in between the 2 brands

Maybe 2 years ago but the only tools that Milwaukee has in the 18v category that have beter performance then Makita is the recipro saw and high torque impact wrench.

And in a month of 3/4 Makita will have a new 18v recipro and high torque wrench that will out perform milwaukee's offerings :)

Hello! 

I have quite a few tools in the Dewalt 20v lineup and have yet to be dissapointed. I am an electrician and use my impact on a daily basis and the circular saw has worked out well for me. Milwaukee is another brand I see used a lot on job sites and would also recommend them to you. I think what is most important is to go out and put some of the tools in your hand and see what is comfortable to you. 

Got the Milwaukee set yesterday, have a project this weekend so that will be fun, if anyone knows anyone who wants to buy craftsman 19.2V tools let me know. Ive got mine on ebay.

congrats on the new tools, keep em clean keep em charged (75%) and keep em workin.....