Pinewood Derby pics and Videos Love do these with my boys

2LateIWon

Had to bevel the edges of his turret 

12376185_10208522692934967_5260932376414

Shop tip   Use the Eraser end of a pencil as a sacrificial digit instead of your own.  The Eraser end still gives good grip and is very accurate. 

12439153_10208522691374928_103062013755012400542_10208522690974918_9395153335864

• Like 4

Here are some of the videos Ive done 

Pinewood Derby Garage (polishing axles) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taS2TaqS4HA

Pinewood Derby Garage (putting axles in) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzAaJadJ0l8

Pinewood Derby Garage (melting lead) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJmHC74_eG4

Pinewood Derby Garage ( Specialty Tools and Other Cars we've done) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c52FCAxGdN4

• Like 2

Priceless....thanks for sharing.  Built a couple of those when I was a wee lad.

I remember doing this with my dad.    Awesome way to get your kids in the shop and introduction to tools and making stuff with their own hands.  (Which mine have done since they could walk LOL)

The boys did a great job 2late!! You taught them well.

Thanks for the kind words.  

Awesome dude, great memories as a kid making the cars with my dad. Learned quite a bit and no they weren't the prettiest but I made them myself

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly When you see a Tiger cub (first year about 6yrs old)  come in with one that is pristine and custom paint job or what ever.   This does nothing for that kid.  You will learn more by doing than being told how to do something or watching someone else do it for you

awesome job, did that with my boy years ago, we used teflon on the nails.

one thing.... get those boys wearing safety glasses at all times.....

Yeah for the most part I have them always wearing a pair.  When we first started cutting I had to stop the band saw tell them something start it back up and restart it.  Every time I stopped it they would take them off and I wouldn't catch it till later (Worried more about them chopping fingers off or a million other things And I know it only takes one time.  but yes I agree.  That is one of the best habits to get into.  

Really enjoyed watching your vids on YouTube.

Thanks  I cant tell you how appreciative I am of that.  

• Like 1

Wow, fantastic stuff with your son dude. I wish I had a child to share such experiences with. Your a good dad dude!!

Thanks  

They do have a big brother big Sister program  Im not 100%  but Pretty much its for kids that need good roll models in their lives.  

Mmm rolls yum

But seriously, this is very cool, never did things like this, we just worked on the farm or the construction site with my Dad, never any of this fun stuff ha.

Can't wait to get my son into tools and building and making things like this, uh-oh better watch what I get him started with, he's going to drain my bank account!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

When mine were about 4 or 5 instead of buying them plastic toys Id buy them harbor freight hammers and tape measures etc.,etc.,  They use them and still have them today 

Very very awesome bro I know the feeling of being proud of those little guys I love when my kiddos are right by my side watching and learning. Great job man!

Thanks!!!!!!!

ya those times may not mean much to them at the time but some day they will remember those times I know I do about my father showing and teaching me stuff when I was a kid pretty much everyday.........

Here are some of the videos Ive done

Pinewood Derby Garage (polishing axles)

Pinewood Derby Garage (putting axles in)

Pinewood Derby Garage (melting lead)

Pinewood Derby Garage ( Specialty Tools and Other Cars we've done)

I enjoyed the YouTube videos you put up a while ago of this too man. I bet little man really ejoyed it.

Millerz

Well The boys did great.  My youngest one took 1st and my oldest one took 4th.  Very proud of both 

12654193_473214712863014_181262252674963

The Brother Battle Middle and far Right lane  Little brother won

https://www.facebook.com/brian.brunson.37/videos/vb.1537322726/10208696364876657/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed

• Like 1