Pinewood Derby pics and Videos Love do these with my boys

2LateIWon

Very cool stuff.  My boy (Parker) and I just did his first pinewood derby car this year.  We only had 3 days to work on it since he just signed up for scouts.  We had fun putting it together, but we didn't fair well.  We were close to the bottom of his den if not last.  

On another note, when I was a scout, we finished close to the bottom each year as well.  

Next year we will get it right.

• Like 1

Never heard of pine wood derby before this post and i was at lowes and thought of you.

ad3a6a562935f59ea510e80503995bf8.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This is great for people with out band saws or scroll saws.  Its a great little kit

Did the derby in Boy Scouts

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did too.  Brings back lots of memories

Yeah I had to go to the local hobby store as a kid for all my supplies.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

Yeah me too 

Very cool stuff.  My boy (Parker) and I just did his first pinewood derby car this year.  We only had 3 days to work on it since he just signed up for scouts.  We had fun putting it together, but we didn't fair well.  We were close to the bottom of his den if not last.  

On another note, when I was a scout, we finished close to the bottom each year as well.  

Next year we will get it right.

Follow my tips in the videos they will help alot.  The best thing is get the axle installer tool.  Your axles go in straight you get the correct spacing between the wheels and the body.   Then polish your axles.

place most of your weight 1 inch in-front of the back axle and get as close to 5oz as possible.  Good luck next year.  If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.  Ill do what I can to help you.

785-P4611.jpg

Pick up truck designs work great because it places a lot of the weight in the front, then to make the weight for the weigh in usually your allowed to put some weights in it in the front to speed it up.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From our testing 1 inch in-front of the back axle has given us the best results .

Congratulations to you and your boys! MY boys were not interested in the scouts, but hopping the Grandson will.

Thanks  

We as a family like camping and hiking so it came pretty naturally for us.  Seems kinda nerdy now days LOL but there are so many life long good/handy skills you learn its hard to pass up.