IHL Canada tool site

JimboS1ice

I think on the last page before you complete your order paypal notes the currency being CAD.

I've never heard of any duties/import taxes coming from Canada to the US.

With IHL there were none for me. The other place I got screwed on.

I'm not like you die hard paint everything red freaks, thump my chest and scream red from the highest peaks! I have a plethora of different tools.

But Festool you ask? I mean really?????? Festool.....cmon dude. Let's not try to hold up other lines to blue and green. It's just....its just.......THAT'S JUST BEING IG-NANT!!!!!!!

I just bought my Dewalt drywall gun and another 5.0 because I love Dewalt tools. The tools are awesome and they put a lot of forethought in their tools before release. Also, I bought my Makita brushless barrel grip jigsaw from KMS. Great price....till I got hit with shipping and importing fees! Still an awesome saw and didn't feel like setting up my Carvex for a quick cut last night while carving out a hand hold on my new table I'm building and out came the Makita! That truly is an awesome saw.

Truthfully though...I wouldn't buy anything Festool from Canada. Period. The guys that use Festool in Canada get royally screwed. They jack the prices up big time. If I not buying here I buy from Amazon Germany.

Beats me dude but I checked with Jimbo as he had made some purchases from IHL without any problems. Comp told me that KMS is really bad with shipping too so I'm guessing IHL is willing to pay those fees as they are a larger exporter?

Yes KMS dont play nice, I wouldnt buy a 10 penny nail from them. i made an order and after the package came 1 item didnt show up with the rest so I called them and they said it went on back order.
.. Just as I placed the order....I said well thanks for the heads up I said I,ll cancel my order for that item no problem took 17 days for the refund. Lost my business...

• Like 1

That's literally the first I've ever heard of import fees coming to the US. I've shipped and received hundreds of packages from/to Canada. With hockey equipment it's often cheaper for a Canadian to buy from the US(even if the product is made in Canada!), so a lot of guys would buy stuff I didn't want anymore or didn't like out of the box...then I make more and more Canadian friends and we start trading. I used to keep customs forms next to my printer because I was shipping soo much stuff. 

At least now we know what retailer to avoid! Sorry you were taken Chris :( I don't really understand why you had to pay UPS shipping you already paid to the vendor on top of everything else, seems like something really shady was going on there.

Dude I wished I talked to you first on the saw. Love it but UPS wouldn't release it till I paid like 45 bucks in fees plus the shipping I had already paid!

UPS is a total scam. Next time, tell them you want to self broker. You can take the forms to customs, pay a few dollars if required and get your stuff.

I ordered a $175 dollar item from the states. UPS tells me there is a $75 brokerage fee, $30 handling fee and taxes of $32.

I asked them how the fees were almost as much as the purchase, they said that's what it costs.

I took my forms to customs, paid $18 in tax and was on my way.

I have no idea how they get away with this, preying on people's good intentions like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

funny how the border crossings work, when I won the Milwaukee gen 2 drill it was sent to a address 36 miles from me state side, if I drove down for the day it would have cost me $105 with taxes duties ect ect, but if you are in the states for 48 hours or more you can bring back $800 per person. So in saying that you don't have to pay anything if you spend less than $800 to get the same product. Don't make sense ......money racket as far as I see...if it is they don't want us to spend money there, the longer you stay the better the rewards?.....I had a buddy pick the item up as he was there for the long weekend and didn't spend much so when he got to border crossing they asked him he said he picked up a parcel and they told him to have a nice day didn't ask what it was?.........

Anyone in Texas order from Canada just curious how much shipping is all the way down here and what items were ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

best thing is to make an order right up to confirming to see what shipping would cost remember shipping in Canadian funds as well so it cheaper too.

So, I'm going to be up in Canada this weekend. How do things work going the other way around, as in coming into the country?

So, I'm going to be up in Canada this weekend. How do things work going the other way around, as in coming into the country?

you could alway call the customs office and ask how much you can purchase and bring back

best thing is to make an order right up to confirming to see what shipping would cost remember shipping in Canadian funds as well so it cheaper too.

thanks comp I'll try that I've been looking at some items and almost half off compared to what you they go for here I'll have to try it thanks again comp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Lansysta
    Newest Member
    Lansysta