kc tool co deal of the day

rrich1

9 hours ago, KC_Tool said:

Damn fine 10" today! 

https://www.kctoolco.com/tool-of-the-day/

That is a fantastic pair, these are better than the normal cobras because you don't have to push the button to adjust it closed. I don't think they have the quickset in 7" which is definitely something they should add.

Also a great price, that's only $3 more than the normal non-comfort grip at the cheapest retailer. 1 hour left, if you don't have 10" cobras or you use the pair you already have a lot, buy these.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BMack37 said:

That is a fantastic pair, these are better than the normal cobras because you don't have to push the button to adjust it closed. I don't think they have the quickset in 7" which is definitely something they should add.

Also a great price, that's only $3 more than the normal non-comfort grip at the cheapest retailer. 1 hour left, if you don't have 10" cobras or you use the pair you already have a lot, buy these.

Yeah the Quicksets are still fairly new. Im hoping knipex releases a 7" variety too. The only other size they offer is a 12" with vinyl grips.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Dang I already have these(thanks KC!!) just need a standard set to go with them...

The SAE set is $34.99. Both sets are on sale at a manufacturers discount until December 31, 2016. The SAE set comes with a pouch vs the metric with a clip. I prefer the clip myself, but some like the pouch. Potato...Potatoe  Don't forget the TIA code. ;)

https://www.kctoolco.com/wera-022639-9-piece-sz-multicolor-hex-ball-end-hex-sae-l-key-pouch-set/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DR99 said:

I wanted the Gedore wrenches so bad on yesterdays deal. Those things looked like works of art.

They really were. We don't usually do high dollar items on TOD's (margins can hurt if we sell more than a few), but this was such a cool set. Keep it in mind for the future. We only carry about 50,000 skus. We will get around to it someday again. ;)

• Like 1

Gedore is really interesting. They prefer a more rugged (yet extremely high performance) look to their tools than some other german brands. They go with a more matte/satin finish a lot of the time. They don't build ugly tools by any stretch but they don't spend a lot of time making them fashionable (which is neither a good or a bad thing). Their focus is the application of the tool. In their catalog they talk about a preference for a matte finish over high gloss because of the potential for slippage with oily hands. I can appreciate that way of thinking even as a marketer/sales guy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KC_Tool said:

Gedore is really interesting. They prefer a more rugged (yet extremely high performance) look to their tools than some other german brands. They go with a more matte/satin finish a lot of the time. They don't build ugly tools by any stretch but they don't spend a lot of time making them fashionable (which is neither a good or a bad thing). Their focus is the application of the tool. In their catalog they talk about a preference for a matte finish over high gloss because of the potential for slippage with oily hands. I can appreciate that way of thinking even as a marketer/sales guy.

They make any black oxide finish tools? Usually my finish of choice. Summer industrial places aren't letting you use any chrome because it chips and cuts hands.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

They make any black oxide finish tools? Usually my finish of choice. Summer industrial places aren't letting you use any chrome because it chips and cuts hands.

They have a manganese-phosphate finish for such circumstances.

https://www.kctoolco.com/search.php?search_query=manganese-phosphate

• Like 2

16 hours ago, plumbfitter said:

Any thought on picking up NWS as a supplier? They make fantastic pliers

We would love to. They turned us down about a year ago.  We were ready to make a sizable monetary commitment. They weren't interested. Oh well... I can respect it. They seem like good folks.

Hit them up directly, if you want, and tell them you would love to buy NWS from KC Tool. We would love to sell them. They are a great brand.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KC_Tool said:

We would love to. They turned us down about a year ago.  We were ready to make a sizable monetary commitment. They weren't interested. Oh well... I can respect it. They seem like good folks.

Hit them up directly, if you want, and tell them you would love to buy NWS from KC Tool. We would love to sell them. They are a great brand.

That's crazy, they don't mind being sold by one of your much smaller competitors but wouldn't work with you.

For the record, I like Knipex more.

• Like 2

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    stermscar
    Newest Member
    stermscar