kc tool co deal of the day

rrich1

5 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

31065ee124a1191dac7e1b6e3caf60fd.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The always elusive Wiha Tool of the Day!  Semi-off topic question.  What do you usually call these?  I grew up with them being allen wrenches.  Ive heard l-keys, allen keys, allen wrenches, torx keys (for the torx design).  I think the hex design makes them "allen" key/wrenches....but I don't really know.  Anyone want to chime in?

I used to call them Allen wrenches but at some point I started calling them hex keys. For the record, I'm not fond of Allen's hex keys. Actually, I like Tekton's hex keys better than any USA keys I've used, T-handles from Eklind are nicer...PB Swiss really has some nice hex keys.

Speaking of PB Swiss, @KC_Tool have you guys considered carrying them? There's not really much distribution in the US yet they have a pretty good following.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I used to call them Allen wrenches but at some point I started calling them hex keys. For the record, I'm not fond of Allen's hex keys. Actually, I like Tekton's hex keys better than any USA keys I've used, T-handles from Eklind are nicer...PB Swiss really has some nice hex keys.

Speaking of PB Swiss, @KC_Tool have you guys considered carrying them? There's not really much distribution in the US yet they have a pretty good following.

PB Swiss is a great brand.  I have quite a few of their tools myself.  However, our business focus is on German brand (i.e. engineering... ideally German manufactured too) hand tools.  If we ever branch out from the German brands, PB Swiss would be one of the first I would approach to distribute here State side.  It isn't a huge leap from German to Swiss brands really.    

Thanks for the heads up @BMack37.  Im always looking for new up and coming brands.  Love the suggestions.  Keep them coming!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KC_Tool said:

PB Swiss is a great brand.  I have quite a few of their tools myself.  However, our business focus is on German brand (i.e. engineering... ideally German manufactured too) hand tools.  If we ever branch out from the German brands, PB Swiss would be one of the first I would approach to distribute here State side.  It isn't a huge leap from German to Swiss brands really.    

Thanks for the heads up @BMack37.  Im always looking for new up and coming brands.  Love the suggestions.  Keep them coming!

What if I find a really good French tool brand? They were German once, haha. Damn the Swiss and their neutrality, I can't even make a good argument for you to carry them, haha.

BTW, I wouldn't compare the Tekton stuff to any of your German stuff, it's cheaper for a reason. It's machined better than the USA stuff, beveled ends and the metal seems hard for something made in China. Also the set is quite encompassing for very cheap. Keep in mind the USA hex keys are half the cost of the German options.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

What if I find a really good French tool brand? They were German once, haha. Damn the Swiss and their neutrality, I can't even make a good argument for you to carry them, haha.

If you found a French tool brand...I would be shocked...then I would consider it. :)  Where would we be as a civilization without Swiss chocolate?  I would be dead long ago... for it is the one thing that can assuage my wife's wrath.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, phffter said:

not to interrupt, but aint facom french?

Yeah I think they are. Weird who owns who though. SK Tools was aquired by Facom then SK went bankrupt or something...Facom was bought by SBD etc... Don't really know all the back story.  Quite an incestuous industry we love, no?  A Shakespearean tragedy or a primetime Vampire drama has nothing on Fortune 500 tool companies. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rrich1 said:

If I worked on more electronics I'd pick up that witte set.
@kc_tool is witte's line not as extensive here in the states? Do they offer more in Europe?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Our distributor of Witte is limited in what they carry...thus we are limited in what we carry. Yeah they have many different lines in Europe. Im always trying to bridge that little Atlantic divide. I need an office in Germany badly. 

1 hour ago, KC_Tool said:

Our distributor of Witte is limited in what they carry...thus we are limited in what we carry. Yeah they have many different lines in Europe. Im always trying to bridge that little Atlantic divide. I need an office in Germany badly. 

well that's dumb! lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rrich1 said:

@KC_Tool how are the deals of the day picked?

LOL!  Great question.  I wish I could say it was through some mathematical formula or analytics to drive sales, but it is just a group of guys in kansas city sitting around a barbecue sauce stained lunch table talking about tools we carry that we like or are super useful or just look badass.  I love our TOD meetings.     

• Like 6

LOL!  Great question.  I wish I could say it was through some mathematical formula or analytics to drive sales, but it is just a group of guys in kansas city sitting around a barbecue sauce stained lunch table talking about tools we carry that we like or are super useful or just look badass.  I love our TOD meetings.     

Maybe one day on some wera precision drivers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Maybe one day on some wera precision drivers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sure we could work something out.  I can't necessarily take requests but I can hook a TIA brother up, every now and again. ;)

• Like 4

I don't have the Gedore but I really do like this style of wire stripper. They are great to use in conjunction with the Irwin-style self-adjusting wire strippers. The Irwin excels in areas the German doesn't and vise-versa, after a while you figure out which is best for which and wire stripping becomes almost a pleasure to do. 

On 10/21/2016 at 11:38 AM, BMack37 said:

I don't have the Gedore but I really do like this style of wire stripper. They are great to use in conjunction with the Irwin-style self-adjusting wire strippers. The Irwin excels in areas the German doesn't and vise-versa, after a while you figure out which is best for which and wire stripping becomes almost a pleasure to do. 

Guffaw hehehe

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    tharunjohar46
    Newest Member
    tharunjohar46