loose spring on Milwaukee sawzal shaft

ben58

It may just be there to help dampen the vibration of the shaft moving. You may not need it? I'd look it up and see if it's something that you need. If not I'd just cut it off and keep cutting.

Millerz

I agree you might not need it

I appreciate all the replies.

The saw seems to opperate perfectly.  I bought it on ebay for 100 bucks shipped and the unit looks like new.

Ive looked at the exploded diagram and nothing is listed which looks like the spring on the shaft.  

Bmack, my blade locking mechanism is working perfect, with spring tension, and this spring im asking about is too large to fit inside the lock...so I dont think it has anything to do with the blade lock assembled incorrectly. 

Im just gonna cut it off and run it.  

I appreciate all the replies.

The saw seems to opperate perfectly.  I bought it on ebay for 100 bucks shipped and the unit looks like new.

Ive looked at the exploded diagram and nothing is listed which looks like the spring on the shaft.  

Bmack, my blade locking mechanism is working perfect, with spring tension, and this spring im asking about is too large to fit inside the lock...so I dont think it has anything to do with the blade lock assembled incorrectly. 

Im just gonna cut it off and run it.  

Yeah, I'm thinking it was taken apart and someone saw a spring and thought it went there. The spring looks more like a spring that goes inside a drill for the clutch.

That definitely isn't a spring. It is a retaining ring. That style is referred to as a spiro-lock. They are a huge pain to install. They are commonly used on aftermarket pistons and wrist pins in an engine. You can try and reinstall it but if it is bent much at all odds are it won't work. If the blade change mechanism works fine I would just take it off.