Someone needs a lesson in CFM....

RickyMcGrath

Bozo, yup! This is why I look for patterns in reviews, if several people say something bad about a product, probably something to it, otherwise if just one person complains, it might be isolated problem, or simply ignorance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm always a little skeptical of reviews. I feel like a lot of the time, inexperienced users buy something, use it wrong and then bash the company or product for their lack of knowledge. If the company has a good rep the product is probably good.

• Like 1

I love reading reviews where people complain about some horrible problem with a product that they claim ruins their entire life because the company is stupid and sold never have released such a piece of crap to begin with, only to read a little farther and find out that the reviewer is an idiot.

I have a twisted sense of humor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, RickyMcGrath said:

Society is also conditioned towards positive and negative experiences differently.

Yup, If you have 20 happy customers, maybe 1 or 2 will tell someone. If you have 100 happy customers, maybe 1 will leave a review. If you have 2 upset customers, both will leave bad reviews.

Numbers are rough estimates obviously, just to make the point.

• Like 1

Yup, If you have 20 happy customers, maybe 1 or 2 will tell someone. If you have 100 happy customers, maybe 1 will leave a review. If you have 2 upset customers, both will leave bad reviews.

Numbers are rough estimates obviously, just to make the point.

I've always used a quote I heard about 7-8 years ago. "A happy customer may tell 1-2 people but a pissed off customer will tell 10 or more."

Same principal.

• Like 2

Just now, RickyMcGrath said:

I've always used a quote I heard about 7-8 years ago. "A happy customer may tell 1-2 people but a pissed off customer will tell 10 or more."

Same principal.

It's true, that's what the former shop owner used to say all the time. I think both are really accurate. Mine was attempting to estimate numbers of reviews online. We have hundreds of happy customers every year and I think we have 14 5-star reviews on Google. We average 1 good review on BBB a year, normally from someone who ships us something to fix.

I normally look more at the good reviews than the bad unless I see a trend. Also, I've found that you need to check the language on the good reviews on some Chinese products, it seems they must compensate for reviews...who's going to write a 5-star review with "I like it" or "good product" but I see some products with dozens of those "reviews."

your right Ricky, bad news always travels faster then good..........

same goes when working for a business, you can make 100's of great decisions to make them money but 1 bad decision like slapping the boss's wife's ass at a Christmas party is a no no...WTF?

• Like 4

Here is the funny part, I have a similar sized Porter Cable that I just plug in and charge up the tank and carry it out to air up the tires on the car or truck when needed. It usually gets the job done without needed to be plugged in again. If I need to go out and change a tire or two it will also work again without needing to be plugged in. I pretty much use it in place of an air tank any time I need one. The whole story reminds me of the folks who used to come into the farm equipment dealership where I worked and wanted to buy a 2200 watt generator and run a whole house with it. I was the guy who went to generator school, learned all the basics about electrical math and had to help folks learn about needs versus wants.

• Like 1

Love the analogies!

I picked one up just for shits and giggles. Not to mention, any lower in price and HD would be paying me [emoji16] to take it.

I have an 80 Gallon IR in the garage and the Ridgid Tri Stack for portability. I'm not even sure what I will do with it. I do like the idea of just using it as a tank.

We are taking a road trip in May. It'll probably be nice to have in the bed of the truck with my 1,000 watt inverter. Just in case.