Would you pay

regopit

Considering you can buy the compressor and tool for that price, and a compressor is more versatile, I would say air. If you need cordless because of power constraints, although expensive, Milwaukee may not be too bad.

It's also their first kick at the cat.

I would personally wait for a 2nd gen, just to have a better overall tool with kinks worked out and a tweaked design. Look at Dewalt, great example of solid evolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Considering you can buy the compressor and tool for that price, and a compressor is more versatile, I would say air. If you need cordless because of power constraints, although expensive, Milwaukee may not be too bad.

It's also their first kick at the cat.

I would personally wait for a 2nd gen, just to have a better overall tool with kinks worked out and a tweaked design. Look at Dewalt, great example of solid evolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would not be too far of a stretch to say that the Ryobi Air Strike nailers were the first gen and that the Ridgid Hyper Drive was the second gen. That makes the Milwaukee Fuel nailers third generation. From the looks of them, and the claims in the marketing materials, they certainly seem to be improvements over both.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2016 at 1:09 PM, khariV said:

It would not be too far of a stretch to say that the Ryobi Air Strike nailers were the first gen and that the Ridgid Hyper Drive was the second gen. That makes the Milwaukee Fuel nailers third generation. From the looks of them, and the claims in the marketing materials, they certainly seem to be improvements over both.

That's pretty much what I was going to say.

No way am I going to pay $329 for it.  Wait until you can get it at HD with a free battery kit or something.  The $150 HD promo is only seven months away!

Milwaukee tools always have a steep pricing curve.  Gen2 drill and impact combo was $400 at release and within a couple months you could get the combo for around $270 with home depot sales.  Same with the lights that were going with a free battery within a few weeks of release.  It's like an early adopter fee for people who buy into the marketing so much they absolutely must have the tool immediately.  I expect the nailers will have something similar to soften the blow pretty quickly.  Since it's the start of the line, they need to get a lot of tools out to users to get a foothold.

Personally I can live with Ryobi to avoid getting a compressor.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jeffmcmillan said:

Milwaukee tools always have a steep pricing curve.  Gen2 drill and impact combo was $400 at release and within a couple months you could get the combo for around $270 with home depot sales.  Same with the lights that were going with a free battery within a few weeks of release.  It's like an early adopter fee for people who buy into the marketing so much they absolutely must have the tool immediately.  I expect the nailers will have something similar to soften the blow pretty quickly.  Since it's the start of the line, they need to get a lot of tools out to users to get a foothold.

Personally I can live with Ryobi to avoid getting a compressor.

Yes Jeff, your right. That's why I got the Ryobi airstrike Brad nailer and crown stapler, just need to get the angle finish nailer, But that's $220 for the bare tool. So I'll hold off for a little while to see how much they drop that price. ?

• Like 2

I'm starting to see the Fuel 18ga brad nailer for sale on a few online dealers. My question is are you willing to pay $329.00 for a bare tool, $379.00 for a kit or just keep using air.

Those are basically the exact same prices as the dewalt 16g angled finish nailer. Dewalt needs to come out with an 18g Brad nailer though

I guess since I asked the question I should add to this thread. I have been waiting a long time for Milwaukee to come out with these nailer's, so long that I gave up and have bought the DeWalt framer and finisher. I have had the Paslode and they were ok. I like the DeWalt guns a lot. The framer is good for small jobs and the finisher is an all around nice gun to use anytime. I can not see myself paying that kind of cash for a brad nailer. I have no problem using my JC-10 and Bostitch brad nailer and with the new Reinforced Polyurethane Air Hoses you feel like you are carry nothing. I see no time or money savings so I'll stick with what I got.

• Like 4

Well, what happens when you've bought all of the tools that you need and your monthly tool budget keeps piling up and you just have to spend it on something.  It's either these or you start buying everything all over again in green, or you buy these.

I'm pretty sure that's almost certain to happen.

Some day.

For someone...

They're not that expensive, but they're expensive enough to slide down on the list I think.  Maybe I'll get a brad nailer to see how I like it and go from there.

• Like 1

The Dewalt framer is usually $500 here bare with the kit setting you back something like $629. Both prices are insane. $200 for a bare tool is painful but $300 is rather nuts. I love the Dewalt. It's so handy compared to anything else. I'm not sure it's worth $500 tho. We got it on a sale $429 for the kit with another tool. That was an okay deal.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1