Hipster wood working aka who needs Festool!!

DR99

There was a show called Bullshit, and one of the episodes they filled fancy bottles with water from a garden hose.  They took the bottles to the table and talked it up like it was something special, and everyone was like, this is the best water I ever tasted, they were like, I can taste the enriching minerals. LOL

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WigWagWorkshop said:

There was a show called Bullshit, and one of the episodes they filled fancy bottles with water from a garden hose.  They took the bottles to the table and talked it up like it was something special, and everyone was like, this is the best water I ever tasted, they were like, I can taste the enriching minerals. LOL

They've done that with wine too, where they can take a great wine and tell people it was a $5 bottle and they are like oh this isn't very good. Then they take a $5 bottle of wine and tell people it was $75 and the people rave about how good it is.

• Like 3

But what variety of wood is that? Ha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I think it's from the sucker tree! I guess something is really worth what someone will pay for it, what's sad is that I'm sure someone out there will by it. If I only knew how much these things were selling for when I was a kid, I would be a millionaire right now with all the fire wood we have cut!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

It hit me on my way to work this morning that people here are paying what amounts to $1 for every piece of firewood they are buying. ll the stores and gas stations sell firewood for like $6 a bundle and it looks like there are 5-6 pieces in the bundle. If you put them all together I'm not even sure it would equal a full section of a log.

Anyway, because of the Emerald Ash Borer insect, whole states and or counties here, including mine have bans on transportation of firewood or wood in general out of a county or state unless it was dried using a certain method. This has created a market for higher priced firewood because people have to use local and cna't have it transported in from a sawmill somewhere else in the state.

On 4/9/2016 at 3:38 AM, MikeInCtown said:

LMAO that's a special campfire stump. It was probably reclaimed and saved from a California landfill. Of course they probably charged $85 in taxes on that stump, so the guy has to recoup his funds.

Us real Californians would burn that shizzle in our fire pit in backyard.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2016 at 9:10 AM, MikeInCtown said:

It hit me on my way to work this morning that people here are paying what amounts to $1 for every piece of firewood they are buying. ll the stores and gas stations sell firewood for like $6 a bundle and it looks like there are 5-6 pieces in the bundle. If you put them all together I'm not even sure it would equal a full section of a log.

Anyway, because of the Emerald Ash Borer insect, whole states and or counties here, including mine have bans on transportation of firewood or wood in general out of a county or state unless it was dried using a certain method. This has created a market for higher priced firewood because people have to use local and cna't have it transported in from a sawmill somewhere else in the state.

Yeah, all of Ohio used to have the ban against moving firewood between counties. But a couple years ago, it was realized that the whole state was affected, so the ban was lifted....

• 1 month later...