160cc Honda Mower

I need a new mower. My craftsman is on its last leg. Both back wheels are held on by zip-ties and the cable that engages the front wheel drive is also zip-tied to the handle. There are holes in the bag and the side discharge chute has a small hole in it from rubbing against the small garden retaining wall we have. This will be the 11th year we have had it so I guess I can't really complain.

• Like 1

Proud Honda mower owner here too. HD recently had a sale on Honda mowers,not sure they still do or not.

Here's the Honda mower we bought last year:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Honda-21-in-3-in-1-Variable-Speed-Self-Propelled-Gas-Mower-with-Auto-Choke-HRR216K9VKA/203709643

I was amazed how fast these things are,the speed control is such a great design. I honestly enjoy using mine.     Had used my parents old beatdown craftsman mower that has a crappy briggs and stratton motor previously.  Even when it was new it wasnt anywhere near how good this one seems to b. Just fyi,the one I got is like the lowest end one,but the motor and such is the same.

My yard isnt overly large and I could care less if the blades can run or not with motor still going and such. I really just dont like to waste my time with junk and this/these mower(s) fit the bill.

I run Sta-Bil and Seafoam in my fuel.never have any starting issues even after its been a while. Always starts first pull.   Right now I mow about every 2 weeks because of the drought and im trying tokeep it a bit longer so i dont have toi worry about the soil getting fried too much.

I don't have a Honda mower but I have a Husqvarna with the Honda motor and I love that thing. We have had very good luck with the Honda motors we have had.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don't have a Honda mower but I have a Husqvarna with the Honda motor and I love that thing. We have had very good luck with the Honda motors we have had.

Big fan of those too!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fazzman said:

Man Husqvarna are awesome,I remember when I was a kid my dad had a husq chainsaw,that thing was a beast.

We use Husqvarna saws at the FD, both K12 and chain roof saws, great machines

• Like 1

I've got absolutely no complaints with my Husqvarna mower. It is a really nice mower, pretty basic but built well. I'm a loyal Stihl chainsaw user, but I was torn between Stihl and Husqvarna the last time I bought a new saw!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I love my Honda, they are pricy but we'll worth the money in my opinion.  Ive had craftsman most of my childhood and I do not miss having to fight with the mower every time I needed to cut the grass. One feature I really enjoy on mine is the blade clutch, I bag all the time so being able to keep the mower running as I dump grass is a nice nice feature. I've been running trufuel in mine because no place in my town sells ethanol free fuel, stuff is stupid expensive but hopefully using it keeps the motor in good shap. starts first pull every time and cuts the grass really well. 

18 hours ago, DR99 said:

I got rid of my Honda mower this summer for the Ego. It was a great mower but I was just tired of dealing with gas and seasonal maintenance.

I think if my yard was a little smaller I'd consider this battery power just for the ease of use. Until they can get run times up over an hour cutting grass then I'm gonna have to pass.