Proto Ratchet Video

JimboS1ice

Nice video Jimbo! I don't care for the reversing on those black ratchets but man are they quiet. They look super good too. What sockets were you using? Is it now time to upgrade them too?

Craftsman sockets, I have no intention to upgrade them, they've always been good to me and with the lifetime warranty why upgrade now when I'm invested in them... maybe one day if i run into some money.

So you can't just turn the chrome ring one way or another (on the black models) to change directions?

No, Its a little confusing because it has arrows on it but the way these ratchets are you have to flip the whole gear over to reverse.  These are more of a fine tuning tool than anything, you can be very precise with them.

Craftsman sockets, I have no intention to upgrade them, they've always been good to me and with the lifetime warranty why upgrade now when I'm invested in them... maybe one day if i run into some money.

No, Its a little confusing because it has arrows on it but the way these ratchets are you have to flip the whole gear over to reverse. These are more of a fine tuning tool than anything, you can be very precise with them.

Hey hombre, loved the video, but those fine tooth ratchets are reversable. They just take a little more. You don't spin the part with the arrows. You take the outer ring that looks like a thumbwheel and spin it about 180° or so, it's a lot, untill it stops.

Hey hombre, loved the video, but those fine tooth ratchets are reversable. They just take a little more. You don't spin the part with the arrows. You take the outer ring that looks like a thumbwheel and spin it about 180° or so, it's a lot, untill it stops.

I'll have to check it out, guess the guys at Siri didn't know that either they listed them as none reversible

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have to check it out, guess the guys at Siri didn't know that either they listed them as none reversible

Jimbo

a68a44d0cba45afe69526513846d4277.jpg

I may be wrong but from what I can tell mine is just a chrome version of yours and the proto catalog lists them together and doesn't include any non reversible note for the black ones. I'd put up a video of them reversing if I had my ratchet with me but I left it in my buddy's shop.

I have the J5252F (same as your 3/8 Jimbo just in chrome) plus the flex version J5257F.  They are both reversible as Stercorarius mentioned.

I like them a lot.

Awesome, unfortunately I am mobile and can't comment on YT, soon has I am at me Mac I will comment. Really enjoyed the video, l liked the camera angle, and enjoyed your thoughts. I am in the market for some new ratchets.

Thanks wig wag, I was putting the new tripod to work, makes filming so much easier. Try to focus mostly on the tool and not my ugly mug, I appreciate all your guys feedback with making these videos, I've learned quite a bit over the past few weeks filming.

Jimbo

Those ratchets might be the most under-rated ratchets on the market. They are a Facom design and offered under the Proto brand since the acquired Facom a few years ago. Facom calls them "Palm Control" ratchets. They are very strong and engage 13 teeth at a time. I have a trio of the flex models and it is my favorite in 1/4" drive. With a little use the loosen up to become very smooth as well.

Those ratchets might be the most under-rated ratchets on the market. They are a Facom design and offered under the Proto brand since the acquired Facom a few years ago. Facom calls them "Palm Control" ratchets. They are very strong and engage 13 teeth at a time. I have a trio of the flex models and it is my favorite in 1/4" drive. With a little use the loosen up to become very smooth as well.

Good to see you back on here conductor! Your daughter still winning all them races?

Jimbo

I have no earthly need for any more ratchets (except for maybe 3/4" drive) but I sure want to pick up a set or two of the Facom-design models...