My New shop

Foneguy

I've been putting together a small woodworking / project shop in my 2 car garage.

It takes up just about half of the space as shown in picture. I mounted the lathe and the band saw on Harbor Frieght workbenches, then installed drop casters so I can move them around as needed. This also allowed me another full empty workbench for misc activity.

A lot of clean up and re-organizing, and this is what I got. I hope to keep it at least half this clean going forward.

let me know what you think ....

THANKS CREW !!!

image.jpeg

• Like 13

23 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Dude, that really does look great. Clean and good use of space, also very well lighted. I wish I had that much floor space, I really need to get some of this crap out of my garage. I need motivation to put this stuff on craigslist.

Thanks...

to be fair, my wife helped me with the layout. She has a great eye, and can see the finished product ahead of me .

i also just started to out crap on Craigslist again ...

36 minutes ago, comp56 said:

sexy....

Thanks 

Yes, very nice, it does indeed look well lit, something I need to improve in the shop at my in-laws... That floor looks smooth and flat, that's another thing i am lacking. Can I borrow your wife for a day?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Yes, very nice, it does indeed look well lit, something I need to improve in the shop at my in-laws... That floor looks smooth and flat, that's another thing i am lacking. Can I borrow your wife for a day?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I put in new lights last year when I did the overhead storage racks, I am lucky the garage floor is nice and level... 

My wife.... She's the best, we were able to get the most usable space just by staring at it and talking it out ......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WigWagWorkshop said:

Nice use of space!  How do you like that Harbor Freight workbench? I like mine a lot, I been thinking of getting another, and putting them back-to-back.

Thanks....I liked the bench so much I bought another for the bandsaw to sit on. The first one was for a lathe stand. Very stout overall, drawers are a tad cheap, but all the action happens on top.... I added the Rockler drop casters so I can roll them around the shop as needed...soooo happy with them ..

• Like 2

My wife is the best !!!

knowing that I was going to start messing around in the new shop this weekend ....

she surprised me with these .....

image.jpeg

That is hilarious man. Cool of her, she seems like a keeper!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, kruton said:

That is hilarious man. Cool of her, she seems like a keeper!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

She is a keeper .!!!!!...

married 24 years & together 29 .....

damm im old !!

• Like 3

The drill press is real nice, sturdy has enough power. A full 2.5" of quill travel.

so far so good ... For the price from Home Depot with free shipping to the house, it is a pretty good deal 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...