Teaching the old school new tricks...

KnarlyCarl

Below I put a picture of a job I was on; it'sa brand new house I was setting up a reverse osmosis system in the basement mechanical room. The picture shows the adjoining storm room where a carpenter is installing walls and laying down his base plates to mount the studs to. He was using an old Milwaukee corded hammer drill to make holes for his tapcons. It was extremely loud and he was really going at it hard. Then his bit would fall out of his keyed chuck...... I decided to introduce him to sds technology (Thank you Bosch) and I've always thought everyone should get a chance to use a sds drill if they've never used one.... So I grabbed mine you see in the pic and I asked him if he wouldn't mind trying out my drill instead, please?

So now he drills the rest of his holes with half the noise, twice the speed and the bit doesn't fall out... But I had to remind him he's going to have to get his own now lol!

IMG_20160819_101824698

• Like 6

12 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

if only he were a Milwaukee rep

8 hours ago, BMack37 said:

If @KnarlyCarl was a Milwaukee tool rep then who would pay for his current rep's childrens' college? :P

Lol!! Well that's what I'm called at work anyways....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...