I Think I found My New Table Saw...

comp56

I can tell you from personal experience, their CS has improved, or at least when I called. I was able to get my issue resolved quickly, and they were pretty friendly. I use to be a fan of Grizzly, but the problems I had with my table saw being recalled, I will think twice before buying from them again.  They never should have sold me that saw, knowing that there was a recall issue, and didn't tell me about it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WigWagWorkshop said:

I can tell you from personal experience, their CS has improved, or at least when I called. I was able to get my issue resolved quickly, and they were pretty friendly. I use to be a fan of Grizzly, but the problems I had with my table saw being recalled, I will think twice before buying from them again.  They never should have sold me that saw, knowing that there was a recall issue, and didn't tell me about it.

Oh what recall issues and what model? Use my father in law's at his shop and I'm noticing recently the miter gauge doesn't push past the blade perfectly even, so I'm thinking the motor/blade is not 100% parallel to the miter gauge tracks

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WigWagWorkshop said:

I have the Grizzly - G0771 10’ Hybrid Table Saw.

Issue:

The motor pulley can come loose and hit the table saw blade, causing the blade teeth to break into flying metal fragments, posing a risk of laceration or impact injury to consumers.

that would be like playing Russian Roulette with your table saw

• Like 1

On September 2, 2016 at 11:33 AM, ChrisK said:

Sawstop.

Powermatic.

Laguna....

ALL AWESOME!!!!

I had the opportunity to use SawStop at school and I felt the fence wasn't as accurate as I would expect from a premium saw. When the fence would lock it would move a bit on the back end of the saw. A common issue with tablesaw but I would not have expected it to happen with something as expensive as a SawStop. It did do a good job at cutting though. Never used a Powermatic or Laguna before.

Yeah, your talking about a Beismeyer fence. It clamps on the front while the rear is pulled snug. I own a Sawstop however and the fence is actually dead accurate. No movements whatsoever when locked down. My Dewalt had the ratcheting fence that was also quite good.