Milwaukee better get their warranty system handled they are getting nailed PR wise lately

DR99

My experience with eService has been fantastic.  My experience with third party authorized service centers however... not quite as good.

The on time that I've had the misfortune to use it was when the knob on the slide locking bolt on my six month old sliding miter saw sheared off.  I brought it to the service center, which was thankfully only 10m from my house.  They kept it for three weeks to drill out the damned thing and then charged me almost $100 for the work and the replacement part, because they said that it wasn't covered.... because shearing off a hand tightened 1/4" bolt is normal wear and tear for a saw that's been used less than 20 times.

1 hour ago, Daniel Julian said:

Yes, just send it direct to Milwaukee and forget the service centers.

Any idea how large and heavy the SCMS is?  The one time I did have to send it back, I had to go hunting for cardboard heavy enough to hold it and then build a box out of an old refrigerator box.  Wedging it in so that it didn't move around was another joyful task.  I think the whole assembly was almost 100 lbs when all was said and done.  I didn't want to do that again.

For large heavy tools like a 12" SCMS shipping becomes an issue. Most people are not going to keep the original packaging because of the space it takes up. The only way the larger stuff would work is if Milwaukee provided packaging to ship it. The only other option is local service which is still a pain to haul to the place.

17 hours ago, 2448jman said:

Doesn't Milwaukee just have limited warranty? Doesn't limited warranty only fix issues that include defects or problems caused from the factory? Didn't think wear and tear was covered.

Wear and tear isn't covered, which is why the shop said it was wear and tear so they wouldn't have to submit it to Milwaukee for reimbursement and they could just charge me directly.  The point I was getting at was that a bolt doesn't twist off through normal wear and tear when it's only four months old and has been used less than a dozen times.

The service centers are a waste of time. The in my area is apex saw in Reno NV and they won't even touch or look at anything unless you have the  original receipt which is BS to keep every  receipt  for every tool I buy. They send it to the same place you can and you get a free postage when you go to the Milwaukee e services online and fill out the claim form. 

33 minutes ago, Milwaukeenut said:

The service centers are a waste of time. The in my area is apex saw in Reno NV and they won't even touch or look at anything unless you have the  original receipt which is BS to keep every  receipt  for every tool I buy. They send it to the same place you can and you get a free postage when you go to the Milwaukee e services online and fill out the claim form. 

I seems from anyone that did have to warranty a Milwaukee tool E-service was the way to go with the fastest return and being simple all you have to do is drop it off or call for a fedex pickup.