Husky 52" Textured Black Tool Chest

khariV

I was in the the depot today picking up some nails and saw this beast of a tool chest.

c391b735-3b85-4a6d-8c3e-c55a0a80ad70_100

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-52-in-W-20-in-D-15-Drawer-Tool-Chest-and-Cabinet-Textured-Black-H52CH6TR9/206828259

At $698, it's the same price as the Milwaukee but I'm going to out on a limb and say that, in person, it's almost better looking than the red one.  The textured black finish is amazing and quite different from the glossy finish most toolboxes have.  It really looks like it would be at home in Darth Vader's shop, it's that cool.  Soft close, lined drawers, dual power strip too.  I'm seriously contemplating getting one, but I might feel bad for not getting the Milwaukee so I might end up having to get both if it comes to that!

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, khariV said:

I was in the the depot today picking up some nails and saw this beast of a tool chest.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-52-in-W-20-in-D-15-Drawer-Tool-Chest-and-Cabinet-Textured-Black-H52CH6TR9/206828259

At $698, it's the same price as the Milwaukee but I'm going to out on a limb and say that, in person, it's almost better looking than the red one.  The textured black finish is amazing and quite different from the glossy finish most toolboxes have.  It really looks like it would be at home in Darth Vader's shop, it's that cool.  Soft close, lined drawers, dual power strip too.  I'm seriously contemplating getting one, but I might feel bad for not getting the Milwaukee so I might end up having to get both if it comes to that!

I really like this toolbox as well. Husky's new toolboxes are really nice.

1 hour ago, khariV said:

I saw this tool box at Home Depot as well and I must admit it is a very handsome and impressive piece. Well worth the money. Sturdy and convenient. I'll probably pick one up 

• Like 2

I really want that new Husky box its sharp and has an awesome price price point for garage tool box. Home Depot and Husky kill the tool box offerings at Lowes :( Look at how much more the Kobalt Stainless one is lets just say out the door with tax you looking at 2k https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-68-7-in-x-53-in-18-Drawer-Ball-Bearing-Stainless-Steel-Tool-Cabinet/50175955

The buyers from Lowes need to realize people are not going to pay those kind of prices on a tool box from a big box store. At that point I would start taking a peak at tool truck chests.

I'll tell you what though I went to open a drawer at HD on this box and it didn't open as smooth, on top of that having to jerk it to get it open I almost tipped the box, the casters weren't locked so it just slid around, now the older box didn't have an issue, kind of a bummer these are sweet looking chests

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I'll tell you what though I went to open a drawer at HD on this box and it didn't open as smooth, on top of that having to jerk it to get it open I almost tipped the box, the casters weren't locked so it just slid around, now the older box didn't have an issue, kind of a bummer these are sweet looking chests

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That might be damaged, the ones I've messed around here are smooth. I wouldn't be surprised if they are made by the same company or at least use the same slides as Milwaukee. They're a lot nicer than the Husky box I own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rrich1 said:

I think people need to look at drawer configuration before the looks of a box. I love my Milwaukee box but sometimes whish it was oriented differently.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't really like my top box, if I hadn't had got it for cheap I'd be pissed. Need more wide drawers for my needs. Depth would also be nice. This box is pretty nice, it would be nice if they had two of the wide drawers on the top of the bottom box. I'm not really sure about the deep split drawer on the bottom of the top box either. I guess you can put your drills/impacts there and wrenches in the top of the bottom box but that seems backwards to me.

• Like 1

I also looked at those HD boxes when trying to find a tool chest for my metal lathe, but there wasn't one around that fit my needs since the lathe is so big.  I thought the Husky boxes from Home Depot had the  kobalt boxes beat hands down just by price alone. I've always been a big Lowes fan because my wife worked there for so many years and the military discount they give me.  The Husky boxes I did look at in person were of good quality for the price point, they just were not big enough for my lathe so I had to build one myself.  Between a husky box and a Milwaukee  box, I would lean toward the Milwaukee.  They are sharp and would look great in my little apartment.

On 11/6/2016 at 9:09 AM, plumbfitter said:

They dont offer the all black version up here.

They have a similar one. Black texture but chrome handles. And it comes at 56 inch. Its sweet. I added LED strip lighting to mine.

husky.JPG

nice touch, yea those have been around, the blacked out ones are new to this year, personally i think the one you have is a stronger box

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

nice touch, yea those have been around, the blacked out ones are new to this year, personally i think the one you have is a stronger box

Its definetly solid.

I dont have it loaded with hundreds of pounds of tools and wrenches. Its mainly for my crappy tools i keep at the house instead of pulling my good ones out of the van.

I do wish it had the slow close drawers. Other than that, its a really nice box. 698$ canadian. Cant really go wrong

On 11/8/2016 at 5:20 PM, plumbfitter said:

Its definetly solid.

I dont have it loaded with hundreds of pounds of tools and wrenches. Its mainly for my crappy tools i keep at the house instead of pulling my good ones out of the van.

I do wish it had the slow close drawers. Other than that, its a really nice box. 698$ canadian. Cant really go wrong

The black one I checked out again today had slow close drawers.