New DeWalt Brushless 18ga Brad, 18ga 1/4" stapler, 15ga Nail Guns Coming Q2 2017

The.Handyman

STAFDA and Toolpig on Instagram giving first looks and a video of them in use at the show today. Go check them out.

Slated for release during early Summer 2017. Why so long away!? Come one DeWalt, you have had so long to develop these.

At any rate, they are coming. The LED's can be seen in my screen capture at the base above the battery, just like the 16ga. I feel the 16ga lights are near useless so I hope these new ones are brighter and better. They look better from the image.

82668de778f6ad2eaae0f82d2facaae0.jpg

7335fa44216919479aaa3681d71ecf31.jpg

ae5aed17b5c288e2bff90e1f4720a80e.jpg

• Like 3

The best base mounted dewalt light in my opinion is the 60 lumen light on the newest drill and hammer drill. Even when the switch is in the middle brightness it is fairly bright. It's enough to light up my room to some extent. Would be handy to replace their older base mounted light with the 60 lumen version. Looks like a nice tool.

22 hours ago, framer said:

well the paslodes are smaller and more manueverable.   there's a pretty good size difference between the 16ga models.

Depending on what you do that might be nicer but for the little time you need a smaller places you would be better off with an air nailer it would pay for it self because your not buying gas and most likely you have an air compressor and it's smaller

These have serious appeal to me!! My trim process has always been 18g brads in the casing to jambs and 15g for jambs and base trim. Having the framer and metal connector nailer I love the guns already! Give me a pinner and we are hose free!!!