the Next Woodworker :)

ChrisK

bf9daa7a680b97dd60065bfb0904c39b.jpg
Here he's is packed up and ready to rock and roll!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember each time we brought our kids home it seemed like every idiot in our town decided to drive the same time we were headed home.

That's great news brother, glad to see you headed home. Enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So Samantha and I had a surprise yesterday. I was finishing painting the nursery and Samantha was out raking. She came in and her water broke. Two high speed ambulance rides later we found ourselves at Maine Medical. Our hospital recognized that our lil one was coming in hot and heavy at 32 weeks. So they shipped us off to a NICU ASAP. Samantha gave birth to our son, William Lawrence (Will) at 415 am. Our son is in NICU, but they just removed a breathing tube and he is starting to push air with assistance.  He's beautiful. A prayer wouldn't go unheard of but he's amazing. Samantha, true to nature, walked down to the NICU with me four hours later! This is our first....and the first Kelby grandson. My Mom is super stoked.

IMG_0050.JPG

Congrats Chris!!, now you'll have a nice little helper. Couldn't convince the wife to name him "Fes" [emoji39]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kruton said:

I remember each time we brought our kids home it seemed like every idiot in our town decided to drive the same time we were headed home.

That's great news brother, glad to see you headed home. Enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thank you @kruton I couldn't be happier or more blessed!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChrisK said:

Why thank you sir! And it's official. Don't know why, you'd think a month in the NICU and CCN would have prepared me for it but I didn't sleep at all last night! 

last night? dude, your sleeps will never be the same now that you are a father.........

59 minutes ago, comp56 said:

last night? dude, your sleeps will never be the same now that you are a father.........

Yeah we thought we were starting to get comfy at the NICU, we had a routine down pat overnight but not having highly skilled people at you beck and call is quite a bit different!

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

Why thank you sir! And it's official. Don't know why, you'd think a month in the NICU and CCN would have prepared me for it but I didn't sleep at all last night! 

Lol don't worry bro it's only last you for the rest of your life???? it will start to get a lil easier when he hits about 3yrs and then pretty smooth sailing till they become teens?? that's where I'm at ? At the end of the day though it's ALL worth it bro?? 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Yeah we thought we were starting to get comfy at the NICU, we had a routine down pat overnight but not having highly skilled people at you beck and call is quite a bit different!

As soon as you figure out one routine with him, he changes and you'll have to figure out how to figure him out again lol!!

• Like 3

Ha ha. I remember when I brought my daughter home for the first time.  We spent 3 nights in the hospital with a staff of nurses, lactation consultants, etc. waiting ready to answer questions, take her for a bath, and get you anything that you needed.  We weren't even in the NICU.  It was a shock when we got home and all of a sudden we had this tiny human and we were totally on our own and responsible for keeping her alive.  Actually, terrifying is probably a better word.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, khariV said:

Ha ha. I remember when I brought my daughter home for the first time.  We spent 3 nights in the hospital with a staff of nurses, lactation consultants, etc. waiting ready to answer questions, take her for a bath, and get you anything that you needed.  We weren't even in the NICU.  It was a shock when we got home and all of a sudden we had this tiny human and we were totally on our own and responsible for keeping her alive.  Actually, terrifying is probably a better word.

Hahahaha you know all things considered although we were with Will constantly in the hospital for a month, having that staff available 24/7 I think helped us out a LOT. I am the oldest dad I know now and feel like a little kid around him. He had his first doctor appointment today and yesterday the visiting nurse came to our home. He is 6lbs 7 ounces today and has been eating like a champ and making noises that terrify me routinely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Hahahaha you know all things considered although we were with Will constantly in the hospital for a month, having that staff available 24/7 I think helped us out a LOT. I am the oldest dad I know now and feel like a little kid around him. He had his first doctor appointment today and yesterday the visiting nurse came to our home. He is 6lbs 7 ounces today and has been eating like a champ and making noises that terrify me routinely.

sweet deal Chris, nothing better than being a father and sounds like your gonna do just fine......oh and that eating like a champ thing ........never gonna stop.......take my son for example, when he turned 15 he was 6ft-3" 220lbs  now he is almost 25 same size and weight and still eats like horse.... 

Just now, comp56 said:

sweet deal Chris, nothing better than being a father and sounds like your gonna do just fine......oh and that eating like a champ thing ........never gonna stop.......take my son for example, when he turned 15 he was 6ft-3" 220lbs  now he is almost 25 same size and weight and still eats like horse.... 

Crap...6lbs 7 oz to 220lbs!?!!?!? Now there is a comparison!!!!!

• 1 month later...