the Next Woodworker :)

ChrisK

22 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Been on the edge of my seat reading up since the last time I visited here, that's incredible, and yes, the costs never seem proportionate!!! I didn't have the doozy you are going through with my son, but it caused a blood clot and expensive stay in the hospital for my wife from her pregnancy 3 days in ICU, then a regular bed for a couple more days, close to $90,000... these are the times you realize how grateful to have good insurance! 

So you weren't able to get this sweat test, but were still able to get him moved closer to you guys?

Yeah bro, he didn't provide enough sweat because he's so small. But, our nurse is confident he cannot develop CF  based on his latest blood work. From what I understand is he will carry the gene presumably like me and not develop the illness :) Tomorrow I think we gat to talk with the geneticist! Then off to a level 2 NICU two towns from our new home and God willing a perfect Christmas with our son!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Been on the edge of my seat reading up since the last time I visited here, that's incredible, and yes, the costs never seem proportionate!!! I didn't have the doozy you are going through with my son, but it caused a blood clot and expensive stay in the hospital for my wife from her pregnancy 3 days in ICU, then a regular bed for a couple more days, close to $90,000... these are the times you realize how grateful to have good insurance! 

So you weren't able to get this sweat test, but were still able to get him moved closer to you guys?

Here he is right now at 1040 on my arm fast asleep!

image.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

My boy (3.5yrs) was just in my arms, screaming his head off because he didn't want to go to sleep... LOL fun times man, enjoy every second you can

I don't have kids but I have a Nephew and damned if it doesn't fly. His first couple of years went slow but I swear he went from 3 to 7 overnight. I'll tell you, no matter how bad your day is or how depressed you might be; when you see him with a huge smile after not seeing you all day, running up and jumping in your arms, you will feel like Superman.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

Man look at that BIg BOY!! He looks great!!!??? glad the transport went good!

Thanks a lot Mike! Very stressful day but since he got here they are saying we might take our son home this weekend!!!!!!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Glad to hear the good news pal! He seems to be looking for his impact driver maybe, lol!

Newborns look for one and one thing only. 

Actually, come to think of it, that probably won't change as he gets older, though for different reasons...

• Like 5

On 12/8/2016 at 0:59 PM, ChrisK said:

5cde4855fc3667f67e31520bf1644768.jpg

We got transported down to a Level 2 NICU yesterday and the transport went great even in the snow. My son got his food tube removed this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news, great progress...... 

i have been away for a week, and just catching up.

continuing the prayers.....prepare for a blessed and Merry Christmas.... you deserve it !!!!

(handsome young man right there !!!!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foneguy said:

Great news, great progress...... 

i have been away for a week, and just catching up.

continuing the prayers.....prepare for a blessed and Merry Christmas.... you deserve it !!!!

(handsome young man right there !!!!)

Thanks Buddy!

• Like 1