the Next Woodworker :)

ChrisK

So Samantha and I had a surprise yesterday. I was finishing painting the nursery and Samantha was out raking. She came in and her water broke. Two high speed ambulance rides later we found ourselves at Maine Medical. Our hospital recognized that our lil one was coming in hot and heavy at 32 weeks. So they shipped us off to a NICU ASAP. Samantha gave birth to our son, William Lawrence (Will) at 415 am. Our son is in NICU, but they just removed a breathing tube and he is starting to push air with assistance.  He's beautiful. A prayer wouldn't go unheard of but he's amazing. Samantha, true to nature, walked down to the NICU with me four hours later! This is our first....and the first Kelby grandson. My Mom is super stoked.

IMG_0050.JPG

• Like 14

Thanks guys. Yes kruton all of you guys are honorary uncles :)

So Will is 8 weeks early so we have quite the road ahead but he's got the best care givers in the East and Maine Medical NICU is really quite famous for being super good. I just got back from Target to change out of two days of clothes and finally get a shower. My little boy is in the incubator but Samantha got to hold him today and it was pretty unbelievable. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Thanks guys. Yes kruton all of you guys are honorary uncles :)

So Will is 8 weeks early so we have quite the road ahead but he's got the best care givers in the East and Maine Medical NICU is really quite famous for being super good. I just got back from Target to change out of two days of clothes and finally get a shower. My little boy is in the incubator but Samantha got to hold him today and it was pretty unbelievable. 

Excellent! funny how that works, sometimes it's the baby in the ICU; other times like with my wife, the baby (indirectly) sends the mother to the ICU with blood clots! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Excellent! funny how that works, sometimes it's the baby in the ICU; other times like with my wife, the baby (indirectly) sends the mother to the ICU with blood clots! 

Well if it's any consolation "Not Carl ;)" it's going to be me in the ICU next! My wife was the most impatient person I knew and now my son showing up over two months ahead of schedule?????? Good Lord!!!!!!  Hospital bed here I come!!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Well if it's any consolation "Not Carl ;)" it's going to be me in the ICU next! My wife was the most impatient person I knew and now my son showing up over two months ahead of schedule?????? Good Lord!!!!!!  Hospital bed here I come!!!

enjoy it bud, one day you will look back and laugh, even though it may be stressful it will turn into an awesome memory....

• Like 2

Congratulations!!! I love the picture.  

Having just gone through new fatherhood myself not so long ago, I can tell you that you'll get all manner of advice, some good but most bad. The one piece of wisdom I can impart upon you is this:

Take lots of pictures. They'll never be this small again and you will never look back years from now and say "gee, I wish I hadn't taken so many pictures when they were growing up."

• Like 2

6 hours ago, khariV said:

Congratulations!!! I love the picture.  

Having just gone through new fatherhood myself not so long ago, I can tell you that you'll get all manner of advice, some good but most bad. 

Uh huh, unsolicited is the best too ?

• Like 1

Thanka a lot guys. He's doing quite a bit better and he is off of the uv lights that were strengthening his liver. He had an increase in blood sugar but they have increased his food intake. Last night after being held by my wife for two hours, ivs tubes and all, I got to change his diaper. He was looking everywhere and especially at me. Absolutely beautiful.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Thanka a lot guys. He's doing quite a bit better and he is off of the uv lights that were strengthening his liver. He had an increase in blood sugar but they have increased his food intake. Last night after being held by my wife for two hours, ivs tubes and all, I got to change his diaper. He was looking everywhere and especially at me. Absolutely beautiful.

Great news to hear!!!!