the Next Woodworker :)

ChrisK

21 hours ago, regopit said:

Dude you have my number. Call me if you need anything.

Thanks dude. I'll remember that. Long week but my boy is one beautiful kid. He's growing and he seems to be putting weight on which is really good! My stomach is a churning mess right now and we just got back to Ronald McDonald house so heading to bed. I'm getting pretty good at changing premie diapers in the isolette too! Not so sure it's going to be good for me in the long run being Samantha's was commenting on it!

• Like 5

On 11/22/2016 at 9:19 PM, kruton said:

Ahhh, good call. Start potty training now Chris!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hey guys, pretty great week here at Maine Medical! Will got taken out of the isolette on Thanksgiving morning and has maintained his temps and continues to grow. Monday he has a blood test that's pretty important for our second scare but I know God is watching over my son. I have been amazed at the center here, the staff and the volunteers at Ronald McDonald House. Samantha is amazing and has taken to motherhood like a bird in flight and is still biting my head off every time I bring up mini van to her :D

I also learned my son is a Jedi master....These aren't the droids your looking for.....

44caccc6e79e9626a1416a97c2f1f878.jpg

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

Wow bro very nice pic I see festool snobbie all over his face lol! Your son looks great bro??  we will be praying for the test on Monday come out great! 

Thank you Mike. The more the merrier that's for sure, I truly appreciate that sir!

• Like 3

So got some pretty cool news today. They are looking at transporting Will to Dover NH and their CCN because he is doing so well up here in Portland Maine. Our nurse said she believes Will will be home before Christmas. This transport might happen Wednesday, they wanted to do it this morning but we said no because we have a really important test for him to take scheduled Wednesday. So if they still have a bed at Wentworth Douglas Hospital we will take the test, hopefully get a good sample and a good result (insert many prayers here) and then get a ride in their special transportation ambulance in the afternoon and a hospital that is only 25 minutes from my door yard as opposed to an hour and a half. Plus the ability to go home and be with family. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

So got some pretty cool news today. They are looking at transporting Will to Dover NH and their CCN because he is doing so well up here in Portland Maine. Our nurse said she believes Will will be home before Christmas. This transport might happen Wednesday, they wanted to do it this morning but we said no because we have a really important test for him to take scheduled Wednesday. So if they still have a bed at Wentworth Douglas Hospital we will take the test, hopefully get a good sample and a good result (insert many prayers here) and then get a ride in their special transportation ambulance in the afternoon and a hospital that is only 25 minutes from my door yard as opposed to an hour and a half. Plus the ability to go home and be with family. 

that is awesome Chris great news...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

Awesome news bro!! Very happy to read this and like I said in many other post prayers dudes big mans always listening ? ??

Thanks Mike, I truly appreciate that it has been a pretty rough few weeks and  though we are freaking out right now we are also both really hopeful he can come home and they moved his sweat test to today after I left to go home and get some of his nursery stuff taken care of! I'm heading back up there in a few and hopefully he had enough of a sample to test :)

• Like 1

Well rollercoaster again. Will didn't generate the sweat needed for the test required because he's so small but he's up to 5lbs 15.8oz and tomorrow is a go. They have a specialized ambulance and NICU nurse along with a paramedic for the trip which is supposed to be during a snow so hands clasped. The trip is supposedly going to happen mid morning and my Wife is a wreck right now but Will's blood work came back and it appears he may be in the clear for the second scare so.....the little guy ain't gonna be happy till I have a coronary. I got the insurance statement from just the four hour visit at our local hospital prior to Maine medical....$5400!!!!! Just for a four hour stint on the floor!!!!! Hopefully insurance does us good but seriously, who cares? I HAVE A SON!!!!!

Been on the edge of my seat reading up since the last time I visited here, that's incredible, and yes, the costs never seem proportionate!!! I didn't have the doozy you are going through with my son, but it caused a blood clot and expensive stay in the hospital for my wife from her pregnancy 3 days in ICU, then a regular bed for a couple more days, close to $90,000... these are the times you realize how grateful to have good insurance! 

So you weren't able to get this sweat test, but were still able to get him moved closer to you guys?

• Like 1