Tough Beyond Measure......

comp56

I agree with Knarly. From what I've seen of these they have a new mechanism that makes them more compact, etc. I expect better blade standout than Milwaukee (shouldn't be too tough), and if the durability is remotely close I'll be pleased.

One of my Milwaukees got partially ran over by the forklift this week at work. It cracked the housing a bit but it's still going strong. Dewalt has a lot to live up to. 

• Like 1

I like the Milwaukee tape but in the video idk if I'd call any of those a real pass first it cut, then cracked, and cracked again, than they said it needed cleaned because it wouldn't retract right which I doubt was because of dirt but I'd give it a 7 of 10 lol buy hey I'm a 7 out of 10 myself lol nothings perfect. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2016 at 8:55 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

Yes like they did with Milwaukee

DeWalt:

It offends my sensibilities to see perfectly good brand-new tools destroyed like this.  

Maybe it's because of how I was brought up by frugal Depression-era parents, but I can't help being bothered by it.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2017 at 9:06 PM, AnonymousJoe said:

Stanley fatmax auto lock-

ok maybe not identical but very similar

from what I have seen on the new dewalt it does not have an auto lock. I did notice it had a finger stop like the milwaukee has. would be cool if it had the nylon blade like the Milwaukee.

29 minutes ago, Jronman said:

from what I have seen on the new dewalt it does not have an auto lock. I did notice it had a finger stop like the milwaukee has. would be cool if it had the nylon blade like the Milwaukee.

I'm not a big red fan but I hate Tom admit it, my Milwaukee magnetic tape Ismail a good all around tape. My Bostich tape has served me well for years but God alone knows where's I misplaced it during the move. Kind of like my Ridgid flip top. I've been using a stool a box and piece of 2x4 for material support in my shop while framing those walls.

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

I'm not a big red fan but I hate Tom...

Who's Tom, and why do you hate him??

I've always been a die-hard Stanley fan, but use a Komelon at work and have one at home now too. Love them, and the one at work has been through more hell than I care to admit. Dropping it off the scissor lift, dropping it on the floor more times than I can count. Only thing wrong with it is that the rubber overmold is peeled of all over the thing. Still works perfectly. The one at home is fairly new so it's still got the new-tape smell, but the one at work has been beaten half to death and still plugs along. Don't care much for the blade standout but overall I like the Komelon tapes a lot.

Still, I keep eyeballing the new Milwaukee tapes, something about them keeps calling me. Don't know what it is...