BMack37

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 HelveticaNeue;}

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;}

\deftab720

\pard\pardeftab720\qc\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs24 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }

Home Depot got the Milwaukee Back Packs for 59:00 normally 99.00..

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 HelveticaNeue;}

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;}

\deftab720

\pard\pardeftab720\qc\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs24 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }

Home Depot got the Milwaukee Back Packs for 59:00 normally 99.00..

Did you have a link or did your message have a stroke?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's a great saw and a great deal. They have had a couple on the clearance rack at my Depot for $180.00 for a couple of months now. When I get back there if that saw is 115 dollars I'm buying another one and selling it to my brother for 200... Lol

• Like 1

I don't need another cordless saw but I still want one of those just to try it out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Kruton, that saw is a Tiger, I don't need another circular either, but I'm dying to get that Makita brushless cordless... Lol

Kruton, that saw is a Tiger, I don't need another circular either, but I'm dying to get that Makita brushless cordless... Lol

I got a good deal on the brushless makita from Bishop tool so it was a no brainer. It's a great saw man!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Let me know crew is this is a good deal? I found it on a deal app that I usually check out and they have this multi tool on sale supposedly but I even found it on amazon for same price so I'm just wondering if it's this price all the time or not, Thanks crew! http://m.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-3-Amp-Multi-X-Corded-Oscillating-Tool-Kit-31-Piece-MX30EC-31/205673468?AID=11210757&PID=361116&SID=ebs2d4066077d8816d1452487327306sbe&cm_mmc=CJ-_-361116-_-11210757&cj=true

I've had really bad luck with the Dewalt promo special clamps. I bought a number of them last year and have had about a 50% failure rate. The just don't clamp very tightly and the jaws slip instead of closing completely. One clamp I've got won't even clamp hard enough to squash an orange.

I know in theory they have a lifetime warranty, but there's nothing on Dewalt's website that says what to do and they were part of a promo kit, so I can't really even swap them out at the depot. I won't buy any more yellow clamps that aren't the heavy duty, individual ones anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know crew is this is a good deal? I found it on a deal app that I usually check out and they have this multi tool on sale supposedly but I even found it on amazon for same price so I'm just wondering if it's this price all the time or not, Thanks crew! http://m.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-3-Amp-Multi-X-Corded-Oscillating-Tool-Kit-31-Piece-MX30EC-31/205673468?AID=11210757&PID=361116&SID=ebs2d4066077d8816d1452487327306sbe&cm_mmc=CJ-_-361116-_-11210757&cj=true

I think it's a good deal. With the attachments that's with it. I would say it's normally around $140. I just bought the drimel for $69.00 but you have to use the wrench to loosen the screw but you don't have to remove the screw. And it cuts fast and sands great as well. 10 speed settings and several blades samding pad and several different grit papers.

Millerz

• Like 1

From a quick search it appears bosch and fein are going to switch interfaces on their multi-tools to have a better 3-D fit with their blades and to reduce the stress on the motors of the tools. 

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power-tools/bosch-and-fein-announce-changes-to-oscillating-tools_o.aspx

as if two types of connections weren't enough.  

I guess what I am saying this is a good deal now but you are buying into old tech.

• Like 1

From a quick search it appears bosch and fein are going to switch interfaces on their multi-tools to have a better 3-D fit with their blades and to reduce the stress on the motors of the tools. 

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power-tools/bosch-and-fein-announce-changes-to-oscillating-tools_o.aspx

as if two types of connections weren't enough.  

I guess what I am saying this is a good deal now but you are buying into old tech.

Normally I would agree, but not in this case.  I see starlock plus and max fizzling out first simply because people don't want to waste shelf space on a blade that only fits a handful of tools.  Plain starlock will probably stick around for longer because they are compatible with OIS and Bosch will want to continue supporting its starlock tools.  The problem comes in with the tools they're going to start selling that are only compatible with their select blades, and let's remember blades are a big expense for OMTs.  The big problem with their blades is that the design is probably proprietary so you're stuck with either overpriced blades or knockoffs from companies so shady they don't care about the patent.  To make matters worse, they simply can't produce starlock blades at the same price point as an OIS blade because of the 3D connection.  It requires more steps, metal, precision, space, and packaging.  No more bent, stamped piece of metal.  These require some real manufacturing.

The idea of better fitment is good, but OIS is solid enough that with a good tool and halfway decent blade you're not losing power to the blade slipping.  If there was power loss this would be a great improvement, but you can't magic more power back from nonexistent power loss.

I don't see any reason to get a tool using starlock over one using OIS.  In fact I think it's a good idea to buy a Bosch OMT now because they make good OMTs and I'd rather get an OIS one before they switch to starlock.

There's one area where starlock could be useful, and that's more powerful tools using larger blades or a larger sweep angle that would break the OIS interface.  The problem is that's a whole different class of tool like comparing an impact wrench to impact driver.  I wouldn't buy an impact driver with a 1/2 square head because bit sockets are complete overkill and overpriced for an impact driver's job.

Sorry for the rant, but I was just getting happy about everything standardizing to toolless OIS interfaces when Bosch decided to throw a wrench in everything and announce starlock.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PhillySpecial1
    Newest Member
    PhillySpecial1