6ah battery in stock @lowes

Cr8ondt

Can definitely see your point of view on this one wild. This isn't a case where there's a no-brainer decision one way or the other. The power and runtime is definitely a pro but the huge size increase from 5 ah makes it questionable. I might buy a 5 on promo for my ToughSystem radio. 

• Like 1

I too saw these at Lowe's a couple days ago. Definitely bigger, not sure what I would use these for having multiple FlexVolt batteries now.

Knowing the 5.0, 4.0, and 3.0ah batteries are the same size, I'll stick with my 5.0ah batteries now. I get great runtime on these.

I have a plethora of 2.0ah batteries which are my go to on a lot of tools. I don't need the max power or extra weight. I would rather switch batteries out more in the day and save the weight. But that is just me.

They made them with the other cells to keep price point down and hit the market sooner as far as I know.

Current draw off of a 10 cell pack (even with 20700) could be too high for the table saw or 12" mitre (just speculation on my part).

Eliminating the current FlexVolt 2.0/6.0 and having FlexVolt compatibility with a pack the size of this XR 6.0 would have been ideal though. 

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

They made them with the other cells to keep price point down and hit the market sooner as far as I know.

Current draw off of a 10 cell pack (even with 20700) could be too high for the table saw or 12" mitre (just speculation on my part).

Eliminating the current FlexVolt 2.0/6.0 and having FlexVolt compatibility with a pack the size of this XR 6.0 would have been ideal though. 

Do u think they will make the 3.0 flexvolt using 20700, I'm so tempted to start buying flexvolt stuff but being patient to see how things play out. Like the talk of the power adapter for the 60v tools and what new tools 2017 will bring

2 hours ago, Turner85 said:

Do u think they will make the 3.0 flexvolt using 20700, I'm so tempted to start buying flexvolt stuff but being patient to see how things play out. Like the talk of the power adapter for the 60v tools and what new tools 2017 will bring

I expect 3.0 20v Max compact packs with the 20700. The 3.0/9.0 FlexVolt packs are expected in January and use the 20700 cells. They are huge batteries. 

• Like 2

The new 20v max 6ah dont fit in the tough radio,width barely but they hit a bump from the inside on the left ,so you can't push the battery in to far,it just can't go in far enough to evan engage the power tab.....I suppose that bump down could be cut out and leave a hole in upper compartment,but that's not logical ...a 5.0 battery will last all day. ..........in case your wondering