6ah battery in stock @lowes

Cr8ondt

Stopped at lowes by work today. Looked for the 6ah batteries. They didn't even have them on the floor. Had to ask the tool guy where they were, in top stock. They are similar in size to the flex volt batteries. They are about a 1/4 to 1/2" wider and 3/4" or so longer. I do not like the graphics, should have stuck with the same 20 volt graphics. 

Dewalt has too many 20 volt battery options in my opinion. 2,3,4,5 and now 2 6ah options. At some point theyou are going to have to drop one or more sizes.

37 minutes ago, Jrhky36 said:

Stopped at lowes by work today. Looked for the 6ah batteries. They didn't even have them on the floor. Had to ask the tool guy where they were, in top stock. They are similar in size to the flex volt batteries. They are about a 1/4 to 1/2" wider and 3/4" or so longer. I do not like the graphics, should have stuck with the same 20 volt graphics. 

Dewalt has too many 20 volt battery options in my opinion. 2,3,4,5 and now 2 6ah options. At some point theyou are going to have to drop one or more sizes.

Don't forget the 1.5 Ah!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnonymousJoe said:

Considering 3,4 and 5 are about the same size I'd drop the 3 but if they want to keep a cheap option then I'd keep 3 and drop 4

Honestly I think that 2,4 and 60V 6.0 and 9.0 are good options IMO. 2.0's for the light factor and 4.0 and up for heavy duty stuff. I usually use the 2.0's most of the time anyway.

I have a 2pack of the 20v max 6ah....acme tools had some they say preorder but..if you buy a lot of tools from them,you know...so $189 less $25 (dew2016) total $164 free shipping ,no tax....they work great ....the cover is ok,what's cool is the engraved "lithium ion" on the top edge.....they are about 1/2" longer then a 5 ah..about 1/4" taller than 5ah..a little heavier then the 5ah.,not much..and feels much lighter then the Flexvolt..the runtime feels better then the Flexvolt when we used them side side by on the same dcf887 impact driver...screwing down deck boards .....I like them.....I hope they continue in this maybe a 8ah...20v max...doubt it...............I going to get a couple more,,then the 60v /3ah in January...(so they say)..,,

Logically they should ditch 1.5, 3, and 5.

The 2, 4 and 6/2 all use the same 2ah 18650 cells and the new batteries use 3ah 20700's.  Losing the other SKUs would help them increase purchase volume of the  2 remaining cells leading to better margins and potentially lower cost to the end-users (us).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jronman said:

replace the kits with 1.5's with the 2.0's. replace the kits with 2.0's with new compact 3.0's. replace the kits with 3.0's with the 4.0's. replace the kits with 4.0's with 5.0's. replace the kits with 5.0's with 6.0's. 

So all your doing is getting rid of the 1.5's? And then upping the AH by 1 in each kit? The 1.5 and 3 ah should go. replace the 1.5 with a 2.0 and replace the 3.0 with a 4.0. And the all black color throws off the entire color scheme!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Same. I'm not sure a 6.0 will fit in my toughsystem radio...

I doubt it and it will be awkward in some tools aswell like the sds dch273 which won't sit flat with the extra height of the 6ah. Wonder was that any reason for the release of the d handle

This is 2 rows of 5 20700 3000 mAh cells, FlexVolt is 3 rows of 5 18650 2000 mAh cells. FlexVolt 9.0 is 3 rows of 5 20700 3000 mAh cells. 

The 20700 has higher discharge capabilities, the FlexVolt has more cells to pull from; they each combat voltage drop in their own way. Runtime and power likely to be similar I would guess.

Honestly the size of these has me a bit baffled. I'm interested to see the directions FlexVolt and 20v Max go from here. 

22 minutes ago, Turner85 said:

I doubt it and it will be awkward in some tools aswell like the sds dch273 which won't sit flat with the extra height of the 6ah. Wonder was that any reason for the release of the d handle

Doubt they would design an entirely new tool because another tool won't stand up by itself with one particular battery. And besides, its not like the d-handle version would stand up straight either.