Pallet Wood Toy Box

Ohiostatebuckeyefan

a89bee231515ae01ddbe5a57d95af6b2.jpg16c11a2a362b96880f58bf70e09ac7bf.jpg039b1d10e0788fb9bf41c5d5febbde36.jpg178c139391b43c674613e6a1b8b2f9dd.jpg

I made this toy box for my nephew for Christmas completely out of pallets except the plywood lining the interior. Rough measurements are 40L 18D and 20H. He was pretty pleased on Christmas day. All of the metal fasteners are hidden from view. I used dows on the top frame for extra strength.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Looks good dude! I love the way pallet stuff comes out just I don't like using pallet wood, after seeing how some of these pallets get dragged around and what's stacked on them I don't want any part of that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Looks good dude! I love the way pallet stuff comes out just I don't like using pallet wood, after seeing how some of these pallets get dragged around and what's stacked on them I don't want any part of that lol

I get my pallets from my work. I can pick and choose which I want and know what has been on them. So I'm pretty comfortable with that, but I understand what your concern is.

• Like 2

I get my pallets from my work. I can pick and choose which I want and know what has been on them. So I'm pretty comfortable with that, but I understand what your concern is.

Yea dude working in a butcher shop you don't want any of my pallets! When we get our seafood shipments in all the ice that's packed tends to melt and just get everywhere

• Like 1

Yea dude working in a butcher shop you don't want any of my pallets! When we get our seafood shipments in all the ice that's packed tends to melt and just get everywhere

Nope, definitely wouldn't want any of those.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I agree, I don't use pallet wood for any of my projects because a lot of my project are made for or will be used with food.

On 1/1/2017 at 4:45 PM, JimboS1ice said:

I'm in the same boat. The final products look awesome, but unfortunately, I don't have somewhere to get them from where I know what has been on them and that it'd be safe to use. It ends up not being worth the hassle for me. Sounds like Ohiostatebuckeyefan is one of the lucky ones! Great work! Looks fantastic.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat. The final products look awesome, but unfortunately, I don't have somewhere to get them from where I know what has been on them and that it'd be safe to use. It ends up not being worth the hassle for me. Sounds like Ohiostatebuckeyefan is one of the lucky ones! Great work! Looks fantastic.

I love the designs so I just cater to the pallet designs without using pallets

• Like 1

That is awesome.  I have been wanting to make a toy box for my kids and I am going to model it after this one.  I have been looking around for a cool box and it has been hard to find one I really like.  Now i just need the time.  Thanks for sharing.

No problem. Got any questions, I'd be happy to help.

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2017 at 6:54 PM, JimboS1ice said:

seems a bit fishy

• Like 2