Ahhhhh......winter :)

ChrisK

Just now, ChrisK said:

Just imagine the white stuff is green vegative material hanging from trees and it's 12000 degrees outside like your home!!!!! 

Ooohhhh..... now I get it ....

actually it was 48 this morning, supposed to be 40 tonight .... I may need pants !!!!

just reminds me of why I moved here 20 years ago, the back to back storms and blizzards during my last winter north was enough for me .......

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Foneguy said:

Ooohhhh..... now I get it ....

actually it was 48 this morning, supposed to be 40 tonight .... I may need pants !!!!

just reminds me of why I moved here 20 years ago, the back to back storms and blizzards during my last winter north was enough for me .......

Yeah Buddy, my parents moved to Dunnellon (near Ocala) when my Dad retired from the Shipyard. My Mom told me they have already had some really cold days fairly recently.

Its actually pretty nice out right now, 32 on the nose but it's pretty breezy out. They official total for Farmington was 17" but I live going up Governors Ridge and we got maybe 22". I will tell you, having that plow on my Can Am has made a heck of a difference but between our home and my in laws, I was outside for over five hours this morning clearing up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

Yeah Buddy, my parents moved to Dunnellon (near Ocala) when my Dad retired from the Shipyard. My Mom told me they have already had some really cold days fairly recently.

Its actually pretty nice out right now, 32 on the nose but it's pretty breezy out. They official total for Farmington was 17" but I live going up Governors Ridge and we got maybe 22". I will tell you, having that plow on my Can Am has made a heck of a difference but between our home and my in laws, I was outside for over five hours this morning clearing up.

Having your own plow rocks !!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

This past January, we got 36" from that one storm...Jonas I think.... that hammered the east coast. You guys probably got part of that as well. Snowblower got a good workout from that storm!

We got hammered pretty hard this December in Michigan with snow got had like one 11" snow fall and 4" a few days later its all melted now though. Just was kinda shocking because of the cold and snow we had mid December January February are usually the cold crappy months

this year has being relatively calm for winter weather compared to other years, very mild right into late Nov and 1 storm dropped about 10" but melted 2 days later then it's just a little here and there not enough to shovel but enough to get packed down had a deep freeze for a week or so but nice now average 12F to 30F during day 

I can't lie, I use to hate winter because of all the snow that I would have to deal with. Generally, we would get multiple blizzards and about a couple severe snow days in NYC by now (December). 

But, this year- as of December 2016 it has not even snowed once. Or if it has it's been under an inch that the temperature was unable to sustain and melted immediately. I don't know if it is global warming to blame or...

Regardless, it just doesn't feel like winter without snow and cold chill we usually get!

5 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

We got our first snow of the season last night. Woke up to about 1" in places. 

I guess it it could have been worse ?

Same. 

2 hours ago, Danyal_Ahmad said:

I can't lie, I use to hate winter because of all the snow that I would have to deal with. Generally, we would get multiple blizzards and about a couple severe snow days in NYC by now (December). 

But, this year- as of December 2016 it has not even snowed once. Or if it has it's been under an inch that the temperature was unable to sustain and melted immediately. I don't know if it is global warming to blame or...

Regardless, it just doesn't feel like winter without snow and cold chill we usually get!

Yes, agreed, it's what I'm used to, it doesn't feel normal unless we get cold and snow. 

It's invigorating, my wife thinks I'm crazy, tho

20 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Same. 

Yes, agreed, it's what I'm used to, it doesn't feel normal unless we get cold and snow. 

It's invigorating, my wife thinks I'm crazy, tho

I'd prefer cold over heat any day. In NY right now we keep going back and forth between warm and cold and it's pissing me off. Either stay cold, or stay warm! Damn you mother nature!

4 hours ago, DR99 said:

We got hammered pretty hard this December in Michigan with snow got had like one 11" snow fall and 4" a few days later its all melted now though. Just was kinda shocking because of the cold and snow we had mid December January February are usually the cold crappy months

Lasto Monday it was 50 and raining. Got some flurries recently. But no real snow. I like seeing green/brown. 

My kid is bummed because his snow fort has melted. Told him to wait and he can rebuild it because it will snow again.

Dr99, are least it has not been like the winter were we got about 100". 

It was a good thing that crazy 100" snowfall year I got my Toro Powermax 2 stage it really came in handy with all that snow.  The only thing was the 2 snow falls we had this year were good for the kids as it was the wet heavy stuff sucks for moving but great for playing in.

My part of Texas doesn't get much snow. Last decent snow was 2006. Nothing by a lot of y'alls standards! We came to Ruidoso, NM day after Christmas and we're leaving tomorrow. They had snow two weeks ago, and they'll get more after we leave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, NicolasRamos said:

We all think your crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

*you're 

Muahahah

2 hours ago, DaveJr. said:

I'd prefer cold over heat any day. In NY right now we keep going back and forth between warm and cold and it's pissing me off. Either stay cold, or stay warm! Damn you mother nature!

The back and forth is what makes people sick, myself included

• Like 2