Hello everyone

Jaybird

I am new to the forum. I am an average wood worker that is coming up on a half a century old. I am a college professor in Georgia. I have a 15 year old son that is antisocial and unathletic. I thought I would get him into wood working so we could do stuff together and it will allow him to learn to do something productive that he can also do on his own. We are starting a workshop build this summer. Trying to gain as much knowledge and tools as I can before we start. Looking forward to learning what I can.

• Like 4

Welcome to the group Jaybird.  There are a great bunch of folks on this forum that can provide a lot of experience on everything from home repairs to turning wood and metal on lathes.  Let me be the first to offer some advice based on my experiences with teenagers.  There all antisocial and I was the same way.  Teach that young man the basic safety rules, provide the tools and materials  and he will most likely astound you with his creative mind. 

• Like 1