New nailer

builditguy

Never a had a problem with my 3 I have......I frame with it  and build decks every weekend ,I use 3 1/2" paslode galv paper nails..nailing into 2x10 pressure treated joist and 6x6 pt ..sinks every nail, maybe jammed 1 time .....I love it I use Flexvolt batteries on it.....the metal connector gun is amazing also aka (hanger gun) ..,,..........most of time if people are not sinking nails it's set wrong or wrong nails...

• Like 2

I watched a guy take my buddies nailer and he couldn't get it to sink nails, he was limp wristing and the recoil was preventing him to set depth, after showing him to lean on it with both hands he was blowing the nail head half way though the lumber. 

Don't let it recoil or you're gonna have a bad time...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

Never a had a problem with my 3 I have......I frame with it  and build decks every weekend ,I use 3 1/2" paslode galv paper nails..nailing into 2x10 pressure treated joist and 6x6 pt ..sinks every nail, maybe jammed 1 time .....I love it I use Flexvolt batteries on it.....the metal connector gun is amazing also aka (hanger gun) ..,,..........most of time if people are not sinking nails it's set wrong or wrong nails...

How many nails have you ran through your guns?

I have a DCN 692 that can no longer sink anything but 8penny after 30000 nails sent it in to dewalt for repair when it stopped firing and it will shoot again but just no longer has the power needed. The DCN 690 has been great dewalt however will not get to fix any more nailers for me.

Hey (jrs)....I use 3/4 of a box of paslodes a weekend ( 2000 ..per box).for every weekend since it came out... 1500 x 50(wks) 75000 year , don't remember when it came out 1yr ago ,1 1/2yr ago ? Don't know.....lot of nails........in snow,rain,heat,dust,dirt,....I clean my tools after every use ,oil,where appropriate....

..I've really had good luck with tools or maybe cuz I'm OCD on taking care of them....don't know.....I bought a dcn693 and when it arrived the spring to hold the nails in was broke...acme sent a new one the next day and I never had a problem since......don't use wet or damp nail clips,use paslode....(also you can return tools every year,if the brake and get store credit and get a new one ),,,..........it's like tapes...I bought 4 craftsman 30' tapes ONCE...and never bought another tape for 20years, (they break ,then you return them )......Craftsman stopped that policy so I bought 4 Dewalt 30' and return them every 90 days ( they brake) ya know........

......I have never used a repair service EVER...I have never had a problem returning a tool to any store ever....even after 1 year....

• Like 1

Can't go wrong with Dewalt Logan......I personally love the paslode cordless nailers ,they are smaller,lighter and work amazing.....but.....even with the new (all season fuel cells) they can be sluggish in cold temps...the added cost of buying fuel cells...the smell.......I'm All in with Dewalt so,,, slap a 5ah or flex 6ah (better) and and build away man.....Dewalt makes me money...

• Like 1

I had Paslode finish and brad nailers.  I never had the all season propane though.  On cold days we would put the propane on the heat vent of the truck.  Kept an extra in our pockets.  

The batteries in mine started to slip just enough to keep them from working.  I kept having to push them back in.

Overall I was really happy with them.  The smell would get annoying in smaller spaces, but bearable.  I have seen some negative reviews of the Paslode, but I never had a problem with them.

I was tired of the fuel cell and battery combo.  Seemed like I was always running out of propane.  At least, for me, I always had to take the cell out of the gun after using it for the day.  If I left it in, the cell would always be empty when I got it back out.

21 minutes ago, builditguy said:

Overall I was really happy with them.  The smell would get annoying in smaller spaces, but bearable.  I have seen some negative reviews of the Paslode, but I never had a problem with them.

I just can't understand this comment. If you had these problems or complaints with it:

23 minutes ago, builditguy said:

I had Paslode finish and brad nailers.  I never had the all season propane though.  On cold days we would put the propane on the heat vent of the truck.  Kept an extra in our pockets.  

The batteries in mine started to slip just enough to keep them from working.  I kept having to push them back in.

I was tired of the fuel cell and battery combo.  Seemed like I was always running out of propane.  At least, for me, I always had to take the cell out of the gun after using it for the day.  If I left it in, the cell would always be empty when I got it back out.

You may have been willing to work around the flaws with the Paslodes, but to say no problems is being dishonest with yourself. Just from what you said you had to warm the fuel to keep it working, the smell was annoying in tight spaces, the battery started falling out and you couldn't leave the fuel in it overnight because it would leak out.

I don't have a cordless nailer. All of them have compromises as far as I am concerned whether it be size and weight or fuel and batteries. Even the air powered tools have compromises. obviously it starts with dragging around a hose. I don't work on a construction site so mobility is not a huge problem for me. My old Porter Cables just refuse to die, but if I had to list my grumbles that I live with it would be the size of the tip makes seeing exactly where the nail is going more difficult and I would prefer that the magazines on the brad nailer and the finish nailer loaded the same way. I'd love to replace them with some of the smart point nailers, but that is sometime in the future.

• Like 1

I see what you are saying.

I'll try to be a little more clear. Overall I was happy with the Paslode. There were a few small issues, that I lived with.

If I hade to choose between Paslode and air guns, I would choose Paslode.

In the last few years, I think battery nailers have come far enough to be considered full time nailers.

For me, I can live with a lot, if I don't have to deal with a compressor and drag hoses through a house.

I don't think they can completely replace air guns, for every application, but for my needs they can.

My needs are focused on remodeling, additions, and garages.
The days of me building houses are probably done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We didn't have a use for it on the job, today.  We nailed some 2x4 together, just for fun.  

Works exactly as advertised.  Regarding the above post about it not sinking nails, but using it limp wristed.  It's accurate.  In my opinion, you need a little less down pressure with an air nailer.  Just tapping the gun, left them about 1/4" proud.  With slight downward pressure it would sink the nails about 1/8".  

So far I like it, but it's also new and shiny.  I won't get a good impression until I use it on a job.

• Like 1

They aren't 100% consistent with that grip. This nailer is older than that grip I think, but the FlexVolt mitre has the same grip and says "brushless" but no rubber overmold. The 16g finishing nailer has the usual XR handle. The metal connector nailer is very new, but doesn't have the usual XR grip. 

I've got this one bro. Absolutely awesome. I love mine. I have had two jambs, have to loosen the two Allen screws on top and bam. For all of the framing nails and outdoor work I be has done I am absolutely impressed with this. I'd suggest using 4.0 and higher (I use 5.0s) it drained my 3.0s in not time whereas I've framed 4 walls in the last few weeks (hey I've got a Son now!) and my 5.0 still shows three full bars. During this build I've also made a plywood storage cart to go against an unskinned wall. Battery keeps goin and going, nailed keeps sinking and sinking.

• Like 1