Any feed back on new 20v brushless grinder

Biggie

I would maybe like to take advantage of the free 6.0 battery but I can't seem to find any reviews online of the new dcg413.  I know a few guys on here have them I was just wondering what your opinions are.  
It's a nice grinder, blows the old cut off one out of the water, it is as powerful as my Ryobi 4in corded grinder better hurry though that 6.0 battery promo ends on the 11th

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got two....I think it works great., but I use it to cut bolts, threaded rod , nails...grind some steel I beams....I’m not a Everyday grinder guy though.....so don’t really know..but I do hear the flex grinder is king....AVE bought it,tore it apart and absolutely Loves it...that’s rare.....

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

I got two....I think it works great., but I use it to cut bolts, threaded rod , nails...grind some steel I beams....I’m not a Everyday grinder guy though.....so don’t really know..but I do hear the flex grinder is king....AVE bought it,tore it apart and absolutely Loves it...that’s rare.....

True, I think I've only seen 3 other power tools AvE seemed to gush over, Makita corded grinder, Hilti drill, and a pre chinese owned Milwaukee 14.4v drill.  Probably a couple others but those seemed to be 4 stand-outs.  

• Like 1

On 09/10/2017 at 3:03 PM, Biggie said:

I would maybe like to take advantage of the free 6.0 battery but I can't seem to find any reviews online of the new dcg413.  I know a few guys on here have them I was just wondering what your opinions are.  

I got the lock on style switch 5". It's a strong grinder, quicker cuttung/grinding compared to the fuel and makita bl. The rpm is 5000, fuel, makita 8500rpm. The only negative with the new dewalt are ergonomics aren't the best. 

IMG_1248.JPG

6 hours ago, Makita_2233 said:

I got the lock on style switch 5". It's a strong grinder, quicker cuttung/grinding compared to the fuel and makita bl. The rpm is 5000, fuel, makita 8500rpm. The only negative with the new dewalt are ergonomics aren't the best. 

IMG_1248.JPG

Seems to be a reoccurring thing with their cordless grinders.

14 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

True, I think I've only seen 3 other power tools AvE seemed to gush over, Makita corded grinder, Hilti drill, and a pre chinese owned Milwaukee 14.4v drill.  Probably a couple others but those seemed to be 4 stand-outs.  

Makita hypoid saw was also quite good if I remember correctly :)

I’d say if your not grinding hard all the time and your in the 20v line it’s a good option. But for more serious grinding the flex is probably a better solution...I just hear the runtime on the flex at full power is not too long ,  and the 20v gets a lot done for me with a 5ah.....hope it helps ..best of luck let’s know what you get and how it works :)

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

I’d say if your not grinding hard all the time and your in the 20v line it’s a good option. But for more serious grinding the flex is probably a better solution...I just hear the runtime on the flex at full power is not too long ,  and the 20v gets a lot done for me with a 5ah.....hope it helps ..best of luck let’s know what you get and how it works :)

Runtime straight grinding on the flex I was told for a 6" disc is around 6 minutes

When I tested the Metabo 6" with the 7.0 I ran about 10 minutes, when i dropped disc size to 4 1/2" it was around 13 minutes

So I would assume with a 4 1/2" disc you could run around 8-9 minutes... I may be purchasing a flex grinder to test this 

Well I went ahead and placed an order at acme.  I have two fuel grinders on my work truck and a 60v I keep in the shop.  But we still have two trucks running on dewalt 20v and I grabbed a brushed 20v grinder the other day and was reminded just how fast they burn through batteries.  I'm really just looking for similar performance to a fuel and from the sounds of things that about where it'll be if not better.  Thanks for the replies.

Got my hands on one today at a dealership (didn't buy one they wanted $175). Ergonomics aren't great but if I didn't think about the ergonomics while holding it I would be able to use one just fine. Feels just like a Bosch corded grinder I used to have. It's definitely different than the grip on the flexvolt. I can't say if it's better or worse.

IMG_20171013_101015.thumb.jpg.836f0f503a6b7b7c1d24ac63ba7cc645.jpg