New DeWalt Cooler Combo at Lowe's

fm2176

I noticed a new combo yesterday that comes in a different box than normal - a DeWalt cooler.  The price was rather high at $329 or maybe $359, though, as it includes the budget brushless DCD777 and DCF787 drill and impact driver.  Perhaps the cooler offsets the price?

Anyway, it was a different sight at Lowe's.  Any thoughts?

It’s a good thing I went to Lowe’s this morning and didn’t wait for the order ready email. They couldn’t find them, they were literally in the same spot they have been in for at least 6 months down the back of “Tool World”. Walked the associate to them in less than a minute. They were in the exact bay listed on the paperwork yet two employees were not able to find them.

1B63C002-ACEC-47AC-9E54-0C89031FE488.thumb.jpeg.a6cec5e279f788a62b325cc709022c0d.jpeg

I also found this oddity, a Dewalt cooler with an impact, drill, charger, and 2 x 1.5Ah batteries for $329. So everyone throw away your boxes, coolers are the new tool storage solution!

50217E14-499F-4EEB-9271-AB0C7AD2118F.thumb.jpeg.e6ab2e44c17ec2b238c85d7d4eb26d0d.jpeg

They also had the Power Station bare tool for $100 more than anywhere else. Had it been the kit for $399 it would have been in my cart but not paying more for a bare tool.

@jtkendall posted this the other day 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Wrong store I know but since we are on the topic of dewalt kits I saw a new tough system kit at the Depot

0a69eecd806d7b25dd11beb236af3157.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an odd combo, nontypical assortment.

1 hour ago, DR99 said:

Dewalt is trying to get rid of some over stock? I could see an impact with that kit but the omt is really strange

XR Hammer drill, XR OMT....... old circ saw... just weird kitted.... all very useful and I have them(sorta I have the non hammer 791), well tis the season of strange tools, and bizarre combos! 

• Like 1

If I had the choice between an impact or OMT in a 3 tool kit I would choose the OMT. It provides more function the drill and circ saw don't provide than what the impact would provide. Seems like a good idea to me. Strange that it is not the xr circ saw.

11 hours ago, DR99 said:

Dewalt is trying to get rid of some over stock? I could see an impact with that kit but the omt is really strange

8 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

XR Hammer drill, XR OMT....... old circ saw... just weird kitted.... all very useful and I have them(sorta I have the non hammer 791), well tis the season of strange tools, and bizarre combos! 

7 hours ago, Jronman said:

If I had the choice between an impact or OMT in a 3 tool kit I would choose the OMT. It provides more function the drill and circ saw don't provide than what the impact would provide. Seems like a good idea to me. Strange that it is not the xr circ saw.

For the premium on all their XR kits there should only come in a tough box or a tstak.

Really any tool company that makes storage boxes should only offer their kits in their storage systems, talk about a gateway drug, works for Festool look how they sell Festool Systainers for bookoo bucks

• Like 2

On 10/25/2017 at 12:21 PM, Framer joe said:

Acme tools has the cooler (looks like a better handle though) for $99...don’t know what the other tools are worth in the cooler, but look like older models..

The other tools are the lower end brushless offerings introduced last year.  The DCD777 was sold as low as $99 last year, while the DCF787 is new to me (I've heard of it but haven't seen one in person).  In other words, $329 is probably not a very good deal all things considered, unless someone wants to drill, drive, and drink at the same time.

• Like 1