Welcome

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, My real name is Brandon, Ive  worked in maintenance at a family business since I was 12.   I have a pet peeve up cheap tools (Harbor Freight and China Brand). So much that I recently started selling DeWalt, Ryobi, Milwaukee and a whole bunch more at 50-60% off retail so I have the luxury of testing a lot of similar tools before they make it home with me.  Looked over the tool deals, and think I can beat most of them.  Look forward to the talks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,I am Walter and and I am a 34 year old toolaholic.I get called "Tim the toolman Taylor" a lot by a neighbor of mine.I am a mechanic for a living.Mostly Mac,Snap On,Cornwell and mostly Matco at work including Knipex.My home tools are the same as my work tools.I like my Fein Multimaster,best power tool I ever purchased in my life

G'day i'm a chef from Tasmania who has been working as a metal deck roof plumber for the past 6 years. My job entails removing all types of roofing materials and replacing them appropriately; all types of internal box, valley and custom fold gutters as well as fascia gutters of any type(spouting); down-pipes; wall-cladding of many types; roofing/wall structural construction and repair; all manner of roof windows, skylights, etc... Also due to my locale i have my ticket for asbestos removal and encapsulation, i reckon a third of the houses i work on are heritage listed.

Dewalt xr for cordless =), irwin grips and folders, an insane looking stewart hammer, Hilti screwgun(corded, even xr will struggle with roof zips from 6 till 6), irwin gilbows and stanley offset snips not the fatmax ones with the crap grips the old school ones i have had for 4 years.

Work for a company that employs about 120 souls but most of them work in laser cutting, powder-coating and fabrication or admin. We got about 20 roofers.

I run a crew of 3 me and two apprentices,

its winter here cold wet f&^%ing windy around 38 to 50 kph on the hills, we had 2 days off for weather so far this year lol they both been in the last week.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Harold Wray

Hi Everyone,

My name is Harold.  I'm a tool junkie.  They say admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.  I love reading about new tools and reviews of them.  What better place to satisfy my addition then TIA.  Like everyone here I come up with so many reasons why I need that new tool.  Thankfully my wife tells me we can't afford anything and we get to eat another day.  This is why TIA is wonderful.  I/we get to live vicariously through Eric and Dan.  Just a couple of guys living the dream.  While we get to think, wouldn't that be so cool to have one of those.  I could use it for so much....

I am pretty lazy about posting on forums but I'm trying to change that.  Hope to chime in more.  And ask and listen to everyones advise.

Thanks for listening. I have to go hug my table saw now. Then clean it. :)