Home Depot

firefighter4187

It seemed like a lot of things were missing, for example i was looking at the Dewalt hand tools and all they had were a 25Ft tape, framing hammer, fence/end cutters and box cutters. The funniest part is when the power tool counter employee told me that hammers on a hammer drill and impacts on an impact gun meant the same thing...Haha

There is a difference in the quality between different Home Depot stores and what they stock. It seems to mostly deal with the age of the store with newer stores having a larger selection of tools. One HD by me carries a full line of Bosch tools the other 2 might just have a few random bosch tools like the rotohammers, jigsaws, routers, and grinders mostly their corded tools nothing cordless at the older stores.While lowes is pretty consistent on what tools they stock in each store

I think the Lowes that is the closest to me is done once the menards they are building right now opens up. Menards has started to open stores in the metro detroit area they were previously in the rural areas of michigan.

Menards is great for selection but I don,t like the power tool selection. Seems like they only carry Bosch, Masterforce and their line of Tool Shop.

Yea that's the only thing that really sucks about the exclusivity deals Home Depot has with Makita and Milwaukee. Ryobi and Rigid were not bad as exclusives to them, but they pretty much have a good chuck of the power tool market with all the brands that are exclusive to the HD now.