Tool Storage?

firefighter4187

Yea I was just thinking about this also this is really a weak area for Milwaukee is their lack of a tool storage system like Dewalt or Bosch considering Milwaukee is such a trade oriented tool company I would have expected a nicer system to have some organization. I will say their blow molded cases are the nicest out there, but like everything they don't give you any space to put any extra bits or just random things you need with the tool.

I hate blow molded cases. If I never have another one again it'll be too damn soon. The LBoxx system would be enough to make me give Bosch a hard look when I revamp my cordless lineup in a few years. Ok, maybe that's a bit of a stretch, I'm big on Milwaukee, but they need to get their ass in gear! Makita will release a storage system 10 years after everyone else, lol

Yea the big problem is blow molded cases waste so much room and your screwed if you need to carry more than 2 of them. Another bs move tool companies do is when they release something new like the m12 fuel line they only offer the tools individually not as a combo pack I think most people have figured out unless you need the extra batteries is a waste of money. The only reason I did it was they had the free 4.0 and 2.0 ah battery giveaway going on.

I attach mine to a long rusty chain and drag them around the job site ! No really, I use the Dewalt Tough Box System. The boxes I like, the Cart is over priced and the wheels a little small. It's rough schlepping it around in the muck of an actual job site. I use the Dewalt TSTAK System sometimes for indoor work.

I attach mine to a long rusty chain and drag them around the job site ! No really, I use the Dewalt Tough Box System. The boxes I like, the Cart is over priced and the wheels a little small. It's rough schlepping it around in the muck of an actual job site. I use the Dewalt TSTAK System sometimes for indoor work.

I guess if the chain is working for you then go for it.

The only tools I keep in the blow mold cases are ones I don't use terribly often. My D-Handle SDS, Inspection camera, and my electric recip saw. Everything else has a place in my power tool cabinet for quick acess. They get tossed in a contractors bag when I head out on a job.

I suppose -

Now some men like a fishin', but some men like the fowlin'
Some men like to hear, to hear the cannonball a-roarin'
But me, I like sleepin', `specially in my Molly's chamber
But here I am in prison, here I am with a ball and chain(ed Tools), yeah
Musha rain dum-a-doo dum-a-da, ha, ya.

Hey it's the weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3RF4xaqTII

I guess if the chain is working for you then go for it.

The only tools I keep in the blow mold cases are ones I don't use terribly often. My D-Handle SDS, Inspection camera, and my electric recip saw. Everything else has a place in my power tool cabinet for quick acess. They get tossed in a contractors bag when I head out on a job.

Oh man, My biggest pet peeve is that every tool has its own container haha. Thats why I like when cases have storage for bits and blades, so they have there own spot and not thrown around. My 12v recip came with a bag, I found a dewalt 12v drill case someone was throwing out and my recip fits in there perfectly, along with extra room for blades. I don't like when contractors bags come with combos, especially with 4 and 5 piece kits, if you are going to pay that much money they should at least hook you up with a toughbox in dewalts case or an Lbox in Bosch's.

I hate blow molded cases. If I never have another one again it'll be too damn soon. The LBoxx system would be enough to make me give Bosch a hard look when I revamp my cordless lineup in a few years. Ok, maybe that's a bit of a stretch, I'm big on Milwaukee, but they need to get their ass in gear! Makita will release a storage system 10 years after everyone else, lol

So you evidently never carry a Hilti PR 26 Rotary Laser. Its always good to put then in a soft bag and toss them around. LOL.

The occasional case for more delicate items like lasers and cameras is essential, but I really can't see carrying my drills, drivers, saws, etc. in a blow molded case. By putting them in the bag I can carry most of my shit in one trip versus 5 or 6, and when I need to grab something it's all in a central location rather than scattered about.

I have an extra Milwaukee m12 Hammer Drill and Impact combo bag that my buddy gave to me.......and I realized after I got it that I don't even like putting my stuff in mine. I have the Hammer Drill, Impact, Hackzall, Multi-tool, flashlight, and four batteries in one bag. Should I invest in a tough box? I guess I would rather spend the money on the Bosch per I am not the biggest fan of Dewalt. I am getting the consensus that the Bosch boxes are pretty nice?