Nextec 12 volt batteries

I've got four of the Nextec tools (3/8" drill, right angle impact driver, sander and oscillating tool).  All the batteries are about a year old and a couple of them have started to not want to work in the drill.  They show a solid green light when in the charger, but in the drill (also the sander) they won't work.  Anybody have any similar problems with them?  Any suggested remedies?

The only thing I can think of if the battery isn't showing an error on the charger is that either the battery does have a fault and the charger is not noticing the problem,  or there is an issue with the battery power contacts and the tool power contacts and they are not connecting thus giving no power. Dang sears is really cheap with the warranty stuff now 1 year parts 90 days labor that's pretty crappy I think ryobi does atleast 3 years on their tools.

I get it on high dollar items, but sometimes they are just being stupid trying to flag someone from another department too look it over. The Home Depot is the worst for me they are either checking every single item number and comparing or they take it no problem it all depends on who's working at that time.

I get it on high dollar items, but sometimes they are just being stupid trying to flag someone from another department too look it over. The Home Depot is the worst for me they are either checking every single item number and comparing or they take it no problem it all depends on who's working at that time.

As the supervisor of Tools and Hardware.........I have had a drill that was returned with bricks inside of it, multiple very old/heavily used tools returned in new boxes, and someone who filled a Milwaukee Fuel hardcase with SAND.....YES I SAID SAND!

As the supervisor of Tools and Hardware.........I have had a drill that was returned with bricks inside of it, multiple very old/heavily used tools returned in new boxes, and someone who filled a Milwaukee Fuel hardcase with SAND.....YES I SAID SAND!

A few times at the clearance table I know they put out returns and some of the tools had some seriously hard wear or rust on them plus missing parts I would never pay what they were asking, or why they would even bother trying to sell it it was fit for the trash. I wonder how that happens at the return desk why any power tool box isn't opened to check if they are not full of sand or anything it wasn't supposed to be. Some people could make the packaging look factory sealed, and if i buy it and find out it was full of bricks is the manager going to believe me.

I was wondering Joe M if your store has started to stock M12 Fuel tools yet the store by me has sold all the old m12 kits and is now trying to get rid of the bare tools. The whole M12 display looked horrible though is their different reps for Ryobi verses Milwaukee tools? The Ryobi display is always looking nice and maintained.

I was wondering Joe M if your store has started to stock M12 Fuel tools yet the store by me has sold all the old m12 kits and is now trying to get rid of the bare tools. The whole M12 display looked horrible though is their different reps for Ryobi verses Milwaukee tools? The Ryobi display is always looking nice and maintained.

The one with Bricks the Customer said "You guys past the test!" The guy with sand just swiftly walked out of the building.

NO I HAVE NOT gotten the M12 Fuels. This is a very sore subject for me as I probably follow the tool industry more than anyone in my district in terms of Hardware Supervisors, and I was excited about possibly getting them. However my store was outside of the top 1000 selling Milwaukee stores, so I did not get M12 Fuel tools. Only 3 stores in my district got them and for most it was just the impact driver. But I have had a lot of stuff go to clearance, which makes me think there will be a new product push to all stores with the Fuel line in both M18 and M12.

I teach my TTI(Milwaukee, Ridgid, and Ryobi) rep about new products. Sadly, they decide that is better to hire good looking females than it is to hire someone who can be a valuable source of information. Contrastingly I used to have a DeWalt rep who taught me a lot and had a Makita rep who was awesome at keeping me informed. Finally DR99, the Ryobi and Milwaukee Endcaps are "maintained" and "set" by TTI. The M12 endcap is one that I have switched around to make it look better, because when TTI does it looks very empty and not attractive at all.

Yea the M12 endcap an the store I go to the most has missing display tools and spots on the shelves it looks like hell. I just wondered if TTI used the same reps for all the brands which you confirmed. Yea it takes a long time for new tools to make into most of the stores compared to how quick it pops up on the Home Depot webpage.

The fucking display batteries are always dead. I have no idea why they don't use an AC adapter on display tools. I thought it was a fantastic idea and even discussed filing for a patent on it. Then I realized someone beat me to it :(

The fucking display batteries are always dead. I have no idea why they don't use an AC adapter on display tools. I thought it was a fantastic idea and even discussed filing for a patent on it. Then I realized someone beat me to it :(

A few tool lines back in the low power low run time nicad days did have a corded ac adapter to run a cordless tool, but from what I remember they were expensive and not popular to buy. I will be honest I'm surprised they let people test drills with actual drill bits you figure legal would be all over that with the liability of some kid drilling another kids hand or something. People let their kids run wild at home depot.

You both have very good points Conductor and DR99. We all want to be able to test out the tools before we buy. That's probably why we like to watch Eric and Dan. Now we see little screens with infomercials on some tool displays. That's also great your thinking about inventions and patents Conductor.