2014 Tool Puchases

firefighter4187

I'm looking to expand my collection of Proto ratcheting combos and expand my ASD set out to 32mm. I'd also like to find a 3/8" long handle Big Dawg rat (J5250P) as it's the only rat I need to complete my Big Dawg set. They were discontinued in 2009 or 10 in favor of the current premium pear heads, so they're kinda hard to find and repair kits are almost impossible to get.

The four things that come to mind is the new M18 radio, and multi-tool, and either an impact wrench or the m12 ratchets. I like my m12 mutliool but trying to find a hex key in the middle of a project is annoying why didn't Milwaukee include storage for they key on the tool is one of those wtf things in life.

I too would like the new m18 radio. I would also like a dewalt 20v angled 16 gauge nailer maybe a Milwaukee fuel m18 rotary hammer

That Nailer is tempting I like my paslode lithium but not having to deal with fuel would be huge plus. Plus the Dewalt has bump fire and is quieter won't have the butane smell either. That's a huge bonus if your in an occupied structure.

That Nailer is tempting I like my paslode lithium but not having to deal with fuel would be huge plus. Plus the Dewalt has bump fire and is quieter won't have the butane smell either. That's a huge bonus if your in an occupied structure.

yeah dewalt makes good cordless nailers. Actually heard in the dewalt forums that soon they are coming out with new 20v max nailers. Different than the xr brushless framing nailer to replace the current xrp nailers.

I'll probably have gray hairs by the time Milwaukee decides to make 18v nailers. I don't see why they won't since tti makes them for ridgid and ryobi

Top of my list right now are a compact router, jig saw, and a couple of 12v cordless tools (drill and impact mainly). Looking at the Porter Cable 450, Bosch js470eb, and either Milwaukee m12 or Bosch 12v respectively.

For 12v tools, Milwaukee M12 line is the ONLY way to go, They blow away the competion with the most tools and technology.

I wouldn't want ratcheting combos as my primary set. The lip of the box end is thicker and can restrict access, especially on small engines.

For traditional combos check out Blackhawk. Affordable, USA made, and they have the same ASD open end that my Proto wrenches do. They are finished in satin, but they are very good quality for they money. Watch eBay for a nice used set.

I wouldn't want ratcheting combos as my primary set. The lip of the box end is thicker and can restrict access, especially on small engines.

For traditional combos check out Blackhawk. Affordable, USA made, and they have the same ASD open end that my Proto wrenches do. They are finished in satin, but they are very good quality for they money. Watch eBay for a nice used set.

I have been looking high and low for a USA Kobalt set metric to match my standard but thats impossible!

For 12v tools, Milwaukee M12 line is the ONLY way to go, They blow away the competion with the most tools and technology.

Yeah, I like that Milwaukee has such a huge array of tools in the m12 line. My only hesitation on committing to m12 right now is that I've fondled them both at the stores and prefer the ergonomics of the Bosch tools.