New Member - Hudson Valley NY

djslater

Hi all, new member located in the Mid-Hudson Valley of NY (1.5 hours north of NYC). I just bought my first home in August, and have been re-conditioning some of the tools the previous owner left behind. At the same time, I've been slowly building my collection of tools that I haven't "accumulated"!

I found Tools in Action looking for objective power tool reviews, and am hooked!

As my username implies, I'm a DJ. I have a small business, and do mostly weddings/sweet 16s. I also work full time as a Purchasing Manager (I LOVE FINDING DEALS).

My Father was an Iron Worker, and as such I have had my hands on many tools working with him. Unfortunately for my wallet, I've become partial to Milwaukee Tools. However, I also really like the value of Craftsman Tools...so I am building/have a mix bag of the 2 brands...as well as inherited several other brands of tools.

Looking forward to learning, and sharing knowledge on the forum!

Welcome to the TIA forums I'm always posing some kind of deal in the deals forum. It might not be something that you need but it's usually a decent deal though. It's really hard to find good tool reviews they can be pretty biased.

Welcome aboard djslater. Good luck in your future endeavors of finding the perfect home improvement and woodworking tools. It will be a hard fought battle, there may be tears. There could be strongly worded arguments between you and yourself whilst on the way to the hardware store, while curious somewhat horrified motorists observe (believe me) but as I think, we all will promise, it is worth it.

partial to Milwaukee (myself included). But I like any good well made tool.

You said it right there Harold, I love Milwaukee, great tools, great warranty etc. But i like you said, any well made tool I like for example, I am very very excited about the DeWalt brushless ocilating tool, like Eric and dan said, its a 20v tool that wasnt just thrown on with the 20v badge, big innovation with the grip, switch, blade change, big power....even the led light. One of the first 20v tools i have seen with that innovation. I cant wait to review it and use it.

Welcome to the forum Mr. DJ. You're in good company here. If you ever have a question about hand tools then I'm you're guy. Hand tools were my first love and I regard them as one of my kids.

Don't be shy and don't hesitate to share any projects you have along the way either.