DIY Homeowner Air Compressor

KurtS

The 33 gallon is a good DIY unit. You won't be doing any blasting or house painting, but it'll do most anything else you want to do for a certain interval.

For house painting I'd buy or rent an airless unit. Much less bullshit to put up with. HF has a decent unit you can routinely find $169 coupons for that would be great for occasional use and probably cost about the same as renting.

Yeah go into sears and check them out. Im up towards Daytona Beach. And thanks for your service! Yeah it takes a special breed.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but where abouts in Daytona? I have a vacation house right in Daytona around S Atlantic Ave and Dunlawton. 

Sorry to hijack the thread, but where abouts in Daytona? I have a vacation house right in Daytona around S Atlantic Ave and Dunlawton.

Its south of st augustine and north of orlando ..east coast of florida of course

Just to chime in, I'm also looking for a compressor and have my eye on the Makita MAC 2400. $299. It's a small portable unit but what I really like is, it's quite! It can be running and you can hold a conversation. I looked at the Ridgid Tri Stack, and although it looks cool, it got bad reviews.

Just to chime in, I'm also looking for a compressor and have my eye on the Makita MAC 2400. $299. It's a small portable unit but what I really like is, it's quite! It can be running and you can hold a conversation. I looked at the Ridgid Tri Stack, and although it looks cool, it got bad reviews.

Sold a friend of mine who is a granite layer that Ridgid Tri-Stack, it just doesn't hold up very well under frequent use. The only time I saw that Makita compressor is when a guy returned it un-opened as a gift he got for christmas and bought a PC Compressor and new Drill instead stating "he didnt need a compressor that was that expensive."

I think i may go for the Ridgid Tri stack personally, great portability, and most of my jobs is screws, hardly ever need a nailer, but im pretty happy, a lady is building a massive house down the street, and saw me working on the roof at the neighbors and long story short i got the job to build a huge play house style thing, 2 storys, slide...swings on the side...whole 9 yards, i really like the fact that "i can walk to the job" haha, but i may purchase that in the next month... soon after her house will be done and i can do the play house.

• Like 1

Sold a friend of mine who is a granite layer that Ridgid Tri-Stack, it just doesn't hold up very well under frequent use. The only time I saw that Makita compressor is when a guy returned it un-opened as a gift he got for christmas and bought a PC Compressor and new Drill instead stating "he didnt need a compressor that was that expensive."

Humm, I thought $299 was a good price. :) The Mac2400 is a lot quiter then any other compressor too, no headache = priceless!

I wanted the Tri Stack but after reading the reviews.. Pass

Performance wise the Tri-Stak is great. However, it's loud, needs a 20 amp current to keep from tripping the breaker constantly, and weighs a ton.

I have 20 amp breakers and ear plugs, but I dread moving the damn thing.

If I had it to do over I'd have bought the Makita.