Tool guyd getting hot

firefighter4187

Makita was actually the first one to put a brushless motor in a cordless tool (impact driver) I think even before Panasonic but I could be wrong. Dewalt actually came out with a brushless cordless tool before Milwaukee did (DCF895 Impact Driver).

Makita was indeed first.

Dewalt actually came out with a brushless cordless tool before Milwaukee did (DCF895 Impact Driver).

actually milwaukee had brushless 18v tools before dewalt. I did some digging over at toolguyd and Stuart did an article on feb 9 2012 about the m18 fuel drill and if you read the article it was already out by then http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-m18-brushless-drill-driver/

On feb 7 2012 Stuart announced dewalts first brushless tool, an impact and it wasn't expected to hit the stores until later that year in April http://toolguyd.com/dewalt-brushless-impact-driver/

Get your facts straight.

actually milwaukee had brushless 18v tools before dewalt. I did some digging over at toolguyd and Stuart did an article on feb 9 2012 about the m18 fuel drill and if you read the article it was already out by then http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-m18-brushless-drill-driver/

On feb 7 2012 Stuart announced dewalts first brushless tool, an impact and it wasn't expected to hit the stores until later that year in April http://toolguyd.com/dewalt-brushless-impact-driver/

Get your facts straight.

Touche, ok, we were 2 months later. My B

Regopit has tons of Dewalt tools :) I would buy the Dewalt Brushless Framer. I'm actually kinda pissed I have the Paslode now they are good guns but they don't like the cold the fuel is a pain and they are really loud, but I don't like dealing with compressors.

Regopit has tons of Dewalt tools :) I would buy the Dewalt Brushless Framer. I'm actually kinda pissed I have the Paslode now they are good guns but they don't like the cold the fuel is a pain and they are really loud, but I don't like dealing with compressors.

Black and Decker used to have a service center at their office complex in Towson Md. about 15 min from my home and I would stop by every other week. I know one day I walked with 2 DeWalt DW364k circular saws and a recep for $40. It was like a bargain barn.

Nah, if it wasn't for my phone I'd have half the posts I do. No biggie.

The smart phone is a great tool now I just have to learn how to use it. I know that it is plotting against me.

I'm just kidding around 

No problem. Now I just have to learn to read.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I cant believe how some people think.. I personally prefer Dan & Erics goofing off. It makes me look at them as normal people like you and I.  I trust a review that isnt being paid for by a company and that is exactly what they give us in their videos.  No bs, no tricks. Just facts and their honest opinions.  I always turn to TIA before making a tool purchase to see what Dan & Eric or anyone on the forum has to say about it.

And about TIA being full of people who only collect tools for the hell of it??  I may not make a living with most of my tools, but I am a new homeowner and these tools im "collecting" as well as getting good advice from the forum is saving me a TON of money and giving me a great amount of experience.  How in the hell does that make TIA a non worthy site?

Keep it up TIA, this is the most helpful forum I've been on in a loooong time and actually enjoy reading and posting in.

• Like 1

Thanks WTP. Everyone involved here tries hard to make TIA a good source of trustworthy information. In my reviews I try to be thorough and give as much information as possible to allow readers to make their own determination as to whether of not the tool is for them. I do however focus on hand tools where quality issues and such aren't as prevalent. Hand tools are harder to write about, but they are more straight forward.

Chris obviously feels he is over qualified for us, and that's fine, maybe he is. If he doesn't want to be here that's his call. Personally, I could care less if he comes or not. I'd rather have a smaller group of guys that get along than a bigger group that doesn't any day.

• Like 3