DEWALT 18v (20v Max) Tools For 2011

midogrumpy

You know, I can see your point, man. The 12v tools are pretty sweet, and if DeWalt is going to do something similar to this in a larger voltage catagory, I may have to give it a try! Hard to see change sometimes, and I think my frustration did shine through- my bad. If this IS more than speculation- bring it guys!! 'Till then, I will rock the XRP's  and 12v lithium ion's. Have a great night! :)

p.s.- when will we see some new 12v stuff? Right angle drill would be nice...

It's all speculation at this point.

A lot of tools would make a nice addition to the 12v Max line. PERSONALLY I don't think Dewalt will take the role Milwaukee has. I think you will see popular, and mainstream tools that fit into larger categories. Milwaukee will most likely stay the 12v Max specialty giant, unless Bosch get's tired and goes after it. Entirely me opinion on the matter.

Again, all talk and no one has an inside track on if the slide pack is for real, so I will say it again.  Will believe it when I see it......

agreed.  Really cool idea, and if it comes out, than I am excited to try it!

It is not a rumor ! it is a fact !

seems like Europe is a bit ahead (somewhat unusual)

There are scheduled dealer presentations starting in April 2011;

a bit of info is already known; I don´t want to disclose it yet; spoils the surprise bit!

hang in there !

info to come soon

Looks like the "new" charger will be able to charge also the 10,8V (12Vmax) slide-on batteries

Well, I actually also heard this at the wholesale shop I buy all my stuff at. The seller told me he had spoken with Dewalt and slidepack will be on all tools. This is about 4 to 6 weeks ago or something like that he told me this. As some of you may know Sweden is my region. Maybee we will have this first in Europe, more normal is that the new tools hit us market first. But sometimes we got it first. For example, For what I know you only have the DC212 in the states but I bought the DC213 for some weeks ago. Same as DC212 but also with chipping mode. ( 3 way mode )

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure ToolGeek was refering to the dealer (or whoever was given that photo) who was not authorized to share the picture or info on the new tools after it was presented to them. He wasn't refering to this site or any others that had it posted. As a Dewalt employee I am glad there is a lot of excitement around this new tool launch and I look forward to Dewalt releasing more info soon. Thank you Terry and DOG.com for respecting the wishes of Dewalt and not let info get out too soon. I am sure there are competitors (TTI/Makita) employees that visit this site and we don't want them knowing what we have in store  :o. Just like Apple doesn't share any info on new product launches until a couple weeks before launch... Press release should be out in the next couple months, so we shouldn't have to wait that long  ;D

That picture was actually left on the doorsteps of everyone's hotel room that went to the Yellow Fusion event in Toronto.  If DeWalt wanted to keep it private, they should have been more careful.  Regardless, I'm always happy to be diplomatic with tool companies marketing departments.  I work in marketing myself and know that people make mistakes.

Terry

The Yellow Fusion event is a Canada thing.

I didn't get to see the new tools.  It was hands off.  I can't wait to get them in my hot little hands.

In my opinion, DeWalt's Nano battery technology mixed with their breadth of cordless tools is #1 in my books.

I love their DCD970KL.  I work for a company that waves a Makita flag everywhere they go, but I'm a big time DeWalt guy.  I take a lot of grief to be honest, but I could care less.  DeWalt in my opinion is number one for many reasons.

Archived