Milwaukee Hammervac - Disappointed

Moze

So, as of right now I’m kind of frustrated with my foray into Milwaukee tools.

My wife got me the Milwaukee Hammervac as an anniversary present. It worked fine with the exception of the lock for the telescoping portion. The majority of the time it simply doesn’t engage.

So I called CPO Outlets, where she bought it from, and they were great. They sent a new one out that day along with an RMA number for the other one.

I received the replacement today and it has the exact same issue with the lock. You also have to force the dust container back in. Add to that, I turned it on and it sounds like the motor is about to come apart.

So as things stand, I’m a bit underwhelmed and will be sending both of them back. 

Great review or information Maze!!  Those do look like design flaws.  Such a simple thing like the spring stop should work.  Funny how we think everything Milwaukee makes is great.  They are like every other company, there are some lemons.  I have been wanting the m12 palm nailer but I don't know.  Glad your getting your money back.  So what are you going to replace it with?

Great review or information Maze!!  Those do look like design flaws.  Such a simple thing like the spring stop should work.  Funny how we think everything Milwaukee makes is great.  They are like every other company, there are some lemons.  I have been wanting the m12 palm nailer but I don't know.  Glad your getting your money back.  So what are you going to replace it with?

Not sure what, if anything, I'll replace it with. Might just revert back to the old way of drilling holes and deal with the clean up.

Wow that motor sounds horrible, I haven't heard too much about the good or bad till now about the hammervac. The TIA guys didn't even get a unit to review. Sucks that Milwaukee put out a lemon I would contact them on social media about your problems they really do seem to take care of you if you act annoyed but polite about your problems. It also lets higher ups know about the problem too. If it just gets returned I don't think anyone ever finds things out unless its the same problem over and over.

Hi Maze. I believe that you are supposed to press and hold the tool bit adjustment button, set the length that you're looking for and then release the bit adjustment menu button in order to get it to lock in place. That looked to be what you were doing in the video when you got it to occasionally work. Perhaps you could try that and let us know if that does the trick?

Dewalt has one you can hook straight up to a vacuum. Link Here

D25301D_1.jpg

I actually have one of those I'm trying to sell because I purchased the Milwaukee stuff. I may give it a second look. I was trying to get away from the hose and just have a self contained unit.

Milwaukee has great customer service. I have commented on their YouTube videos about a product or something and they get back within a day or so. It is the same if you contact them through their website too.

I'm not on FB but someone else posted the video on their site for me.

Hi Maze. I believe that you are supposed to press and hold the tool bit adjustment button, set the length that you're looking for and then release the bit adjustment menu button in order to get it to lock in place. That looked to be what you were doing in the video when you got it to occasionally work. Perhaps you could try that and let us know if that does the trick?

Trust me, I did that and every other combination I could think of. Neither one worked consistently. 

Don't get me wrong - occasionally it would engage. But I would use the same method and it wouldn't. It was very hit or miss (mostly miss).