Trailer

firefighter4187

Hey guys so i am in the midst of buying a trailer,i wan to be self suffcient for my business, it will pay for itself in no time,  the goosneck was a bit out of my price range, but i have found another which i am really liking, its a 16 x 7 tandem axle, 3500 pounds each so it will haul a car or small truck, tractor etc, its in real good shape, led lights, brakes, tool box, deck is good. tires are good. Also i have a lot of confidence in seller, which makes everything better, but this trailer is about perfect and will haul about anything, and i can do alot to it, going to put a winch on it so i can load stuff that i cant lift by myself. also sold my boat this week, i needed the cash haha. but here it is, and i want everyone to show off there trailer cause it is like our truck we gotta have them. heres the trailerhttp://jacksonville.craigslist.org/for/4555705542.html

One other thing I would want to look at is if the wood on the trailer deck is in good shape. It's not hard to fix but lumber isn't cheap either :)

From the picture it looks to be good, the seller said it was in good shape, no holes or rot or splitting, he said he will send some better pictures tomorrow.

I would hook it up to your truck and see if the brakes do anything or make noise or show any sign of working. The brakes could get expensive.

I have read about a special magnet on the trailer drum brakes that tends to go bad or the wire will corrode off, i will do some research on it.

If your doing scrapping with the trailer a cool project down the road if you can afford it is to extend the height on the back and side rails. So you can haul more stuff. The only thing is you would need access to a welder. Also if you are going to touch up the paint on the trailer the Rustolium enamel spray paint is amazingly durable. I really don't know how Rustolium is still legal it seems like paints just keep getting crappier all the time Rustolium is still amazing.

Hey Chase, that's a great deal! It'll help you make cash! Make sure you,check the break away. When you have it hooked up, and the power line is attached, pull the small plastic "pull away" lever out of the box on the front of the trailer. Get in your truck and put the truck in drive. See if the trailer stops you. If not it could be a simple lawn mower battery in the box needs to be replaced or you could have a more serious problem. I've always seen it as the battery has just lost it's charge though. Of your truck doesn't move at all when you put it in drive, give it a little gas. The trailer should stop you very quickly. If this doesn't work try replacing the battery before you,take off with it. It's a quick cheap fix but worth the effort to rule out a more serious problem. Congratulations on the find too! That's a great price. Gotta love Florida, if that was up here it would be orange instead of black. And the brakes would be shot. And you'd have to replace the deck (cheap and easy but still( :)